cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When the screen is turned off, the backlight also always turns off

Olexander
Level 9
Hi.
I have the following problem (sorry in advance if this is a repeat).

When the screen is turned off, the backlight also always turns off. In this case, the laptop is still active and not sleeps. What can I do that the backlighting is not turned off when the display is turned off (ideally would be if at the closing of the lid only the backlight of the keyboard is turned off, and when the lid is open, all the backlighting on the laptop would be active)?

Asus ROG Strix G15 G512LI-HN057 laptop
Windows 10 build 20262
Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.2.4.0
ROG Live Service 1.1.10.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.24
Armoury Crate service 3.2.5
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.4.2.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.17
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.33
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.8
AacAudioHal 1.3.7.0
AacDispaly 1.1.26
ENE_QSI_Azeroth_HAL 1.0.9.0
ENE_QSI_Loki_HAL 1.0.3.0
3 REPLIES 3

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you want to control the power/sleep states when the lid closes, this should be controlled within Windows: Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Power Options>Choose what closing the lid does. I think what you want is 'Do nothing'.

Thank you for your response. What you have described, I have already configured. When closing the lid, the laptop does not fall asleep. I also set the display to turn off in 10 minutes and sleep in 30.
I would like that when the display is turned off after 10 minutes of inactivity, the backlight continues to operate. If it is certainly possible.

@MasterC-ROG
Can you please ask the developers (or how I can do it?) to make the option not to turn off the backlight when the display is turned off if the notebook is in active mode?