cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] Unstable Rig keeps failing due to Asus instALL drivers?

nobgrubb
Level 7
Hi guys! I'm currently having trouble with my build, it tends to reset itself after I installed Asus' InstALL drivers. Before I installed the InstALL drivers, the only driver that I installed was for my video cards (HD 7970), ran the system through Prime95 for 24hours as well as 3Dmark11 and everything was stable. But after installing the Asus drivers my rig just kept on resetting itself, cant even stay on Windows 7 for 2 minutes. Nothing was overclocked, and profile was on safe default. I only planned to overclock the system after checking the stability of the default setting, but the rig just wont work properly.

Rig Details:
i7-3930K @ 3.2ghz
Rampage IV Extreme (1202)
32gb G.skill RipjawZ 1600 F3-12800CL9Q
MSi R7970OC dual Crossfire
Corsair Force GT 240gb
Corsair AX-1200

Any help or comment would really be appreciated. This is my first build in years, and it would really be a joy if someone could help me to get it working properly. Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

nobgrubb
Level 7
Used Memtest as well and all RAM passed the test, any ideas?

DooRules
Level 10
It would seem that one or more of those drivers you loaded are the issue. Try tossing the drivers and loading them one by one to see when the issue pops up.
7980XE on Asus ApexVI
Zotac 2080Ti
Intel 900P
2 x Samsung 950 Pro
EVGA 1600W
Alienware 34"
Samsung 28" 4K

DooRules wrote:
It would seem that one or more of those drivers you loaded are the issue. Try tossing the drivers and loading them one by one to see when the issue pops up.

Thanks your your reply. Would it be possible that there's something wrong with the motherboard itself?

After a while I'm also having trouble with the 7970 drivers (current), I'm frequently getting brief black out screen, then recovers with the message "display driver stopped responding and has recovered". I doubt that it's the video card since i tested both and both gave the same problem, of course I could be wrong. Please do help, cant seem to get my PC to work properly.

I had something similar happen...actually, I was getting non-stop disk corruption. If you haven't already, try setting your memory profile to XMP. For some odd reason, when I had this set to Auto, all kinds of things were going wrong...even after running 2 complete cycles of Memtest86 without error. After I set the XMP profile, all of these issues went away. You might give that a shot. BTW, I'm using 32 Gb of the same memory modules you are using.
CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K(C2)@3.2GHz OC(4.2GHz)
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme X79 (bios 2105)
Video: EVGA GeForce GTX560 Ti 448 Cores
Memory: 32Gb G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH
HDD: Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 7200RPM 2 TB
PSU: Seasonic 660W 80 Plus Gold
Case: LIAN LI PC-8NW USB3.0 Black Aluminum
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 SE2011
Monitor: Dell UltraSharp U2412M

I believe that the correct order for driver install would be motherboard drivers first, than video and all other drivers. I have had the best luck on this board by letting the motherboard disk install the drivers automatically, just unchecked what I didn't want installed the let it run. Then installed my video drivers.

I re-checked everything today, connections, hardware etc. Re-installed windows then ONLY installed Asus Rampage IV Extreme drivers. PC again just resets itself with this blue screen (attached below). Hope that this would give a clearer picture of the problem.

Install the latest drivers for the X79 chipset from Intel's website.

Question: When you used the Asus install program did you install the Enterprise rapid storage program?

Take it Upstairs wrote:
Install the latest drivers for the X79 chipset from Intel's website.

Question: When you used the Asus install program did you install the Enterprise rapid storage program?

Yup installed the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise Driver Software.

Also the following:
- Intel Chipset Driver
- Management Engine Interface
- Realtek Audio Driver
- Intel LAN Driver
- Asmedia USB 3.0 Driver
- Asus Bluetooth Driver
- Asmedia SATA controller Driver

All came from the ASUS CD that came with the mobo.

nobgrubb wrote:
Yup installed the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise Driver Software.

Also the following:
- Intel Chipset Driver
- Management Engine Interface
- Realtek Audio Driver
- Intel LAN Driver
- Asmedia USB 3.0 Driver
- Asus Bluetooth Driver
- Asmedia SATA controller Driver

All came from the ASUS CD that came with the mobo.

Thats might be your problem. Remove the Rapid storage driver, and install the latest x79 chipset software from Intels site direct.