cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G532LW CPU and GPU Temps

georgebrianb
Level 7
Hi guys,

I am posting this as the search function on the forum is not working when using "G532LW" or "G532" terms (no idea why).
As so far I was playing games blindly at max settings (the settings are set automatically for most games I play), with turbo mode on and yet my CPU and GPU temps are insane.

Apex legends goes over CPU 90 degrees in less than 2 minutes of playing. GPU stays around 85-86 (even after lowering settings to high instead of ultra everything).
COD Warzone sets my GPU to over 90 degrees. Black Ops cold war keeps my GPU at around 65 degrees and CPU around 82-83.
I am keeping the laptop in a well ventilated place (nothing around it, table is laminated wood).

Having a cooling pad only lowers the temps with 1-2 degrees mostly (tried about 4 cooling pads with best reviews I found ~50$) .

I was expecting a gaming laptop to behave better. I have no idea what to do, I am not a hardware connoisseur.

Is there any way to do anything about it? Laptop is about 6 months old.

Specs:
i7 10875H 8 Cores
RTX 2070 8GB
32GB of ram
2x512SSD
240hz screen.

Really looking for some help here. I cannot return it anymore.
4 REPLIES 4

georgebrianb
Level 7
Tried to contact asus support, they've told me 95 degrees is acceptable. I think this is a joke. I have friends with HP omens and Lenovo Legions, same specs, their games go up to 85 at most with ultra high settings.. seems like it's time to find someone that wants to buy it.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Best bet if you want to keep it is to do a tear down and replace all the thermal pads and remove the pigeon poop TIM that is appllied by a 90 year old woman with Parkinson's disease. Had the same isuue with a G752VY Got hot as hell and would throttle. Tore that sucker down and replaced thermal pads with fujipoly instead of the playdough and cleaned the cluster of a job TIM application up with 90% alcohol then Put Thermal Grizzly Krynonaut on as is should be applied, problem solvled, nothing passed 80C ever again even under heavy loads. There are also posts where people have drilled holes in the bottom of the case to get air flow through there instead of relying on it getting pulled through the ports on USB connectors and the user service panel.

This measure is not for the weak. Tedious to tear down a laptop. Should be able to search model with teardown in the search and find videos of someone who has already done it.

Blake1
Level 10
Hi George,
From your description, your laptop is fine. The laptop can endure even higher temperature.
Did you encounter any lag or throttle or any performance issue?
If the temperature just go up to 90C and then become stable at this temperature, no need to worry about it.
Thank you.

I have the same problem with my G17 i7 10875h & rtx 2070 super.
I think the competition is doing better and I might consider selling my laptop.
It's just annoying and impossible to gamble at 95 degrees.
The keyboard is glowing

greetings.