cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open NAT multi port fwd of same port.

TrebleTA
Level 8
I'm back again and after some more advice. If I use Open Nat to say xbox one@ xbox one profile then say add fortnite to the open Nat for the same device. Multi pull ports of the same tcp/udp get opened on the device. So it could get port 80 forwarded to that device x times. Is that correct?

Also Open Nat for playstation 4 is still moderate.
Xbox reports Open Nat so fine.
My router DSL-AX82U-AX5400.
16 REPLIES 16

ahfoo
Level 13
Hi bro. the following open port for xbox
Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port 4500 (UDP)

If you open all this port to the specific xbox to you router, all other device which required to access to xbox will be forwarded to xbox.

That's not what I'm saying. Using the OpenNat on the router sets up port fwd profiles, just if 2 profiles use the same ports I will get them ports fwd twice to the same device.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
Is your firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.49607?
Do you use static IP?
In addition to OpenNAT, do you also set up port forwarding? If yes, may I have the screenshot of your settings in port forwarding?
May I have the screenshot of your settings in OpenNAT like below?
Thank you.

In the above picture I select profile xbox one @ xbox one to device 1 then make another for say fortnite xbox one to device 1, now reboot or go system info port forwarding check logs, and device 1 will have double ports.

Also notice if I click the FAQ in the above picture, my router is missing them setting its linking to.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045254/
So can not select full cone nat for example.

Also somthing else is the memory used by my device seems strange after reboot 128mb free, after 24hrs 102mb free. Old firmware I was idling at 137mb free. So will keep eye on that.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
It looks like profile xbox one @ xbox one to device 1 is not for the specific game. May I know the purpose of this profile?
Could you please help to record a video about rebooting or going system info port forwarding check logs, and see device 1 have double ports?
For Full-cone NAT, do you mean there is no Full-cone NAT option in WAN > Internet Connection > NAT type settings?

Is your firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.49607?
Do you use static IP?
In addition to OpenNAT, do you also set up port forwarding? If yes, may I have the screenshot of your settings in port forwarding?
Thank you.

Think you miss understood me. if I picked a different profile from xbox one @ xbox one it depends on the ports in the profile. If both profiles have port 1234 then both profile will create 1234 so there would be 4 ports open for say port 1234.
The profile name is not the problem. The port fwd system it not checking for duel ports. It's just forwarding so if a 3ed profile had port 1234 would add 2 more so would be 6 now.

There is no option in the web UI for Full cone nat like shown in the FAQ.

Please remember I will always be on the lastest firmware. I did link in my other post, also it's in the picture but will be updating to the newer release Dated 28-7-2022.

I will do a video later and pm you the link.

Also why have they changed the VPN client web interface. I did post a thread before but was not in a good way and maybe I was rude so sorry for that?

Also all this messing around is playing with my DSL line too.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
I'm afraid Full-cone NAT is not supported on DSL-AX82U, but we will consider your request to add it in the future firmware. Please also check your pm.
If you mean the same port twice to the same device in system log(one is for TCP, and one is for UDP), it is normal.
But if you have any issue when use Open NAT, please check your pm first.

For VPN client settings, please refer to the following link for the web interface to set up/activate your VPN client.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1011232/
Thank you.

Please look at the video again you will see 192.168.20.61 has port 88, 500, 3074,3544,4500 for tcp then udp then when i scroll your see the same ip with them ports again..