cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

now do the fans work

clinthill98
Level 8
i notice only one of my fans doing all the work its toward the right of the laptop whats the left side too or am i crzy?
G74SX-AH71
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M 3GB GDDR5 VRAM
Display: 17.3-inch Full HD display (1920 x 1080)
Processor: i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.1 GHz)
Memory: 16GB DDR3

I love it :cool:
7 REPLIES 7

mjstrd
Level 7
I believe the GPU is on the right and if I'm thinking right they both have fans so they would have separate controllers for each fan, so technically if your GPU is hotter than your CPU then yes it will be running faster.
Asus G74SX-XT1

12GB RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 560M 3GB VRAM [285.79 Beta]
Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz
Windows 7 Professional (64bit)
120GB OCZ Vertex III SSD
500GB HDD

ya thanks i thought so.. i mean its cooling and running fan but i was just curious to if everyones does that.. like on the right is where all the heat comes out at.. and toward the very left there is no heat coming out
G74SX-AH71

clinthill98 wrote:
ya thanks i thought so.. i mean its cooling and running fan but i was just curious to if everyones does that.. like on the right is where all the heat comes out at.. and toward the very left there is no heat coming out

There are indeed two separate fans, each with its own air exhaust port. But both ports are off-center to the right, so it can seem like all the hot air is coming out the right side. This is normal.

(If you closely into that back grille, you'll see that much of the left side is just a "faux" grille...presumably made that way to achieve a symmetric appearance on the back of the laptop.)

BrodyBoy wrote:
There are indeed two separate fans, each with its own air exhaust port. But both ports are off-center to the right, so it can seem like all the hot air is coming out the right side. This is normal.

(If you closely into that back grille, you'll see that much of the left side is just a "faux" grille...presumably made that way to achieve a symmetric appearance on the back of the laptop.)

oh i see i see i just put my laptop in the light to see and like 70 percent of it is covered oooh now it makes sense thanks 🙂
G74SX-AH71

So I am playing Battlefield 3 and I don't recall the temperature ever passing 118 degrees F. Today and yesterday, it is creeping up to 140-145. Is this normal temp for gaming? I'm not even sure what normal is, so that would help too. Also, the hot air is coming from right side, so I believe everything is working correctly. Thoughts?

SORRY - I JUST ASKED THIS QUESTION UNDER A NEW POST AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DELETE IT HERE.

stildo33 wrote:
So I am playing Battlefield 3 and I don't recall the temperature ever passing 118 degrees F. Today and yesterday, it is creeping up to 140-145. Is this normal temp for gaming? I'm not even sure what normal is, so that would help too. Also, the hot air is coming from right side, so I believe everything is working correctly. Thoughts?

SORRY - I JUST ASKED THIS QUESTION UNDER A NEW POST AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DELETE IT HERE.

Yeah thats about 60c so your fine just try and not let it get too hot like 80c because it will start to lag your game. Get a laptop cooler like I did it keeps my temp down to around 50c while playing Skyrim for hours and hours.

mjstrd wrote:
I believe the GPU is on the right and if I'm thinking right they both have fans so they would have separate controllers for each fan, so technically if your GPU is hotter than your CPU then yes it will be running faster.

Very true...at least for the G53SX. My right-hand (when facing the screen) exhaust port is hot, while the left is cool. The right-hand side has the GPU, so it tends to run a good deal hotter than does the CPU. Nothing to worry about. Those 60 C temps are the highest that I would be comfortable with...getting a good cooler is a cool idea though...:p
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23