cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia Kegputer [Finished]

Bennyboy
Level 7

Nvidia has given me the gracious opportunity to build a case to showcase their beautiful 580s; this case was showcased at CES; it was on Good Morning America, Morning Show, CNN, Discovery Channel, Forbes, and thousands of other blogs and sites.

I origonaly built a keg computer for PDX 16.5, which caught the attention of Nvidia; they told me to build a bigger and better one, and it needed to have a working beer tap; this is 2 1/2 weeks of hectic work; I hope you enjoy 🙂

Thanks nVidia for giving me the chance to showcase some of my artistic skills and letting me work Darthbeavis a legend I'm not worthy of even sharing air with.

Glasses up to a kickass project!

Daily Planet of Discovery Channel Canada dedicated a segment of their show to the construction and showing off at CES of this work; you can watch the video here, segment starts about 00:40

Here is the offical video of the Kegputer from Nvidia

Thanks for all the great sponsors that made this project such a success!!! Kudos also goes out to DarthBeavis and Kris Rey of Nvidia.

Worklog Pictures Next page
5 REPLIES 5

Bennyboy
Level 7

The 15.5 Gallon and 2.5 gallon mini keg.

Triming the mini keg down to size, no need for extra metal : P

So the reams I cut off of the mini keg look like they'll work pefect to make a catch basin up top for the beer; w00t!!!

Sliced the keg open, nothing like the smell and smoke of burning stale beer!!

Making the Screen for the bottom of the keg, this will allow airflow from the bottom.

I needed to slice to keg into several peices so I could fit them into the oven for baking, you can see the hole up top for the mini keg.

The mini keg all trimmed down.

The frame for the mini keg and cooling unit starting to take place.

Cooling unit from a portable cooler added into the slot, a little 60mm fan will circulate the cold air around the mini keg.

The bottom of the keg made a perfect cap to keep the mini keg in.

PSU frame taking shape.

Mobo, PSU, and Radiator frame taking shape; I'm using an industrial size arc welder to do really fine work, call me crazy, but it gets the job done : P

View inside the keg with frame in it.

Powder compound, black, candy lime green, crhome.

Testing out the latches to make sure it holds the shell together alright.

Top of the keg and drip tray starting to take shape, hole in the middle for the tap yet to be cut.

Welding support struts ontop for the tower.

The top portion of the keg almost finished, just powder coating and logos yet to do.

Acrylic logos cut my Danger Den and donated by DarthBeavis : P

Beer drip tray with Nvidia logo ontop, can you say epic?

Match made in heaven!!! Let's say I buzzed 90% of the time working on this project.

Getting ready to powder coat the hinges.

500degree masking tape, and tinfoil as an experiment.... fail fail fail... I'll never end up using tape for powder coating, it was a big pain in the ass to use, and didn't end up with very good results.

Top portion after baking with chrome base for candy coating.

Candy Lime green before it goes into the oven.

Rich aka(DarthBeavis) was kind enough to drive 7 hours to help with install the components.

Buddy of mine testing out the system after we got it up and runing, COD:BO in 3D to do testing.

Me totally sporting some sexy apparel.

What a mess!!! Definatly asking for some cable managment.

2000watt PSU is almost as tall as the 240radiators..the thing is a beast!!!

SExy sexy sexy... some LED lights under the grill should look great!
Power buttons.

Logos are attached with JB cold weld.

After cable management.. looks much better.

Shroud to keep the hot heating element from burning anything.

Expanda foam to keep the keg insulated, this stuff is such a mess to work with.

Beautiful tap handles provided by Sierra Nevada!!!

pcjunkie209
Level 9
That's awesome!!
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Very nice work and design! Does the loop cool with beer 😛
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

martin_metal_88 wrote:
Very nice work and design! Does the loop cool with beer 😛

How many times do you want to pasteurize your beer? heh.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
saw this at CES, VERY NICE WORK