cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sata Sharkoon quickport duo

Richard60
Level 7
To use de Sata Sharkoon quickport duo docking station they note:
In order to address both SATA HDDs the mainboard's eSATA controller must be Port Multiplier capable!
Is the G51Jx capable for this? The dockingstation can contain 2 sata hdd's and has one esate cable.
7 REPLIES 7

Richard60
Level 7
I received a answer from Asus TSD: "We looked it up and according to the information that we found this model does not support the multiplier function with the E-SATA. This due to chipset limitation of the motherboard.

Only model that we know that support this is the Asus W90 notebook."

Retired
Not applicable
hi Richard, please do not address yourself as ASUS TSD if you do not work at ASUS TSD.

if you are quoting a response you got from ASUS TSD please state it before the post. we dont want to give people the wrong impression.

I am sorry. I copied and pasted the message from Asus. I edited the message.

Retired
Not applicable
cool thanks for clearing that up

Retired
Not applicable
Hi there,

This is unfortunate news. I have an asus g51jx-x3 and have not been able to get my external eSATA enclosure (rosewill rsv-s8 w/ sil3762 port multiplier) working. Like you it only recognizes a single drive. Is the w90 the only model that will work? I was under the impression that the chipset in my g51jx-x3 (intel 3400) supports port multiplying. How did you contact the asus support to get your answer, I would like to obtain some more information and perhaps sell my laptop for something else if this ability isn't an option...

thanks!
zephyr

xeromist
Hi Zephyr,

We have a warranty/RMA sub-forum here with stickies for ASUS support and RMA contacts. Please give those a try.
http://www.asusrog.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?71-ASUS-Republic-of-gamers-Warranty-RMA
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
ok great, will try that, thanks xer0!