cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plastic cover on touchpad?

merkavamk5
Level 7
Hey

I recently got a G75 and so far I like it. But there seem to be some kind of plastic film on my touchpad. Is this possible to remove, or is it something thats supposed to be there?
7 REPLIES 7

kiba
Level 10
just be careful when you peel it up. my gf peeled mine up bc i have short fingernails and she ended up pulling up half the trackpad cover with it. i was able to stick it back on but still. freaked me out watching that, it was only about an hour old.
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

Wolffie80
Level 10
True 🙂 it is a small plastic cover. But be carefull. Though it should come of easy 😉
Asus G75VW-T1031V
Intel Core i7-3610QM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670M
8 GB 1600mhz
HDD#1 -> SSD OCZ Agility3 240gb
HDD#2 -> 750gb HDD 7200rpm
HDD#3 -> 320gb WD 5200rpm (external drive mounted on back of screen with ducktape! NOT :D)

john_from_ohio
Level 11
merkavamk5 wrote:
Is this possible to remove, or is it something thats supposed to be there?

Peel it off ... trackpad looks much better ( matt finish ) after it is off ...

waynes26
Level 7
Try a bit of sticky tape. It worked for us.
G75vw-91132v 🙂
i7 3610QM
16 GB SDRAM
GTX 670M
17.3" FHD 3D LED Backlight
1x 240gb Intel 520 1x 1TB 5400rpm

waynes26 wrote:
Try a bit of sticky tape. It worked for us.

Great advice, thanks 🙂

yixingchen
Level 7
Personally, I just leave it there. It helps give the touch pad a bit more time and it doesn't really affect the use. I figure when it fall off, it will fall off, and it doesn't look horrible either.

Yes it was tricky to peel up by hand, but I also did the scotch tape method and it came right up easily.

PS: This trick also works with iphone/android screen protectors (great way to peel it back up to get out bubbles)
PC Setup:
Battlestation Setup: