cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Gene Z77 USB Trouble - Error 0x80070037 - external hard drive

Legal
Level 7
I have a problem and need help.

I have an iomega external HD EGO 3 - USB 3.0 - 1 tb, motherboard asus maximus V gene and i7 3770k - win 7 64 bit's.

The motherboard has four USB ports 3, two asmedia - two intel. When I plug in asmedia, everything works normally, but when I connect on port intel, it begins copying and then I get this error code 0x80070037 and hd disconnects and reconnects, try again if it occurs, until the HD is no longer visible, is necessary to unplug and plug in the usb again for him to appear.

I tried installing the latest drivers from intel, formatted the SSD, I disabled the energy saving and nothing worked, plugging the drive into the USB 3.0 intel that happens. I put a pen drive usb 2.0, the same port, and it worked. I have no other USB 3.0 device port for testing intel.

Will incompatibility problem? Hardware? Software? Motherboard faulty?

Has anyone experienced a similar situation?
11 REPLIES 11

texaszman
Level 7
I think there is another bug with the board and the Intel USB 3.0 drivers. I have 2 vbrand new USB 3.0 HDDs (Seagate 3TB and WD Passport 500G) both of which will NOT be normally seen on cold or warm boots.

VERY frustrating - ASUS tech support - as usual - absolutely no help. Upgraded both Intel and Asmedia drivers from other sites - did not help. Intel's forum admit some 'incompatibilities' still although they won't state what. Right now when I want to use my USB HDDs I have to unplug and replug them back in hoping they'll be seen.

Zka17
Level 16
On the Asus website there are updates for the USB 3.0 driver... have you guys updated your drivers?

Also, what's your OS? Vista is known to have issues with USB 3.0...

Zka17 wrote:
On the Asus website there are updates for the USB 3.0 driver... have you guys updated your drivers?

Also, what's your OS? Vista is known to have issues with USB 3.0...

OS - Windows 7 64
Hardware: 3770k + maximus V gene + 2x 2gb G.skill ECO 1.35
HD - iomega eGo BlackBelt usb3 1Tb

Yes, I put the latest drivers from intel and asmedia. Asmedia works normal but in the intel hd disconnects after a few seconds or minutes copying large files.

I am very disappointed with this board.

I'm even afraid to buy more memory and take a code 55.

texaszman wrote:
I think there is another bug with the board and the Intel USB 3.0 drivers. I have 2 vbrand new USB 3.0 HDDs (Seagate 3TB and WD Passport 500G) both of which will NOT be normally seen on cold or warm boots.

VERY frustrating - ASUS tech support - as usual - absolutely no help. Upgraded both Intel and Asmedia drivers from other sites - did not help. Intel's forum admit some 'incompatibilities' still although they won't state what. Right now when I want to use my USB HDDs I have to unplug and replug them back in hoping they'll be seen.

I think there is another bug with the board too, but hardware not software.

Zka17
Level 16
Regarding the external HDD problem: why you just don't use the Asmedia controlled USB 3.0 if that works? Why do you need to mess with the Intel one? I mean, it may bother you that is not fully functional... - but you have alternatives...

Regarding the memories: DON'T BUY "MORE" MEMORIES!!! - Buy an another kit which is known compatible with your mobo! Mixing different modules, even if they have the same specs on them, is not a wise idea...

Zka17 wrote:
Regarding the external HDD problem: why you just don't use the Asmedia controlled USB 3.0 if that works? Why do you need to mess with the Intel one? I mean, it may bother you that is not fully functional... - but you have alternatives...

Regarding the memories: DON'T BUY "MORE" MEMORIES!!! - Buy an another kit which is known compatible with your mobo! Mixing different modules, even if they have the same specs on them, is not a wise idea...

Simple, I live in Brazil, this motherboard here costs R$ 750 , about $ 350, so if I paid all this on a motherboard, I want a perfectly functional.

It may be a problem with the onboard intel controller, can be driver problem, not sure. I'll buy another USB 3.0 device to test.

The memories, I'll buy another kit and sell mine, I will not mix modules.

Here, the most common is the corsair veagence, but I've seen many complain of error 55 with this motherboard and these modules.

There is any other bios for this board?

Zka17
Level 16
Check the mobo's website: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_V_GENE/#overview

"Download tab", the select OS and see at the "BIOS"...

Zka17 wrote:
Check the mobo's website: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_V_GENE/#overview

"Download tab", the select OS and see at the "BIOS"...

I am already using the 0903 bios and the problem persists.

Zka17
Level 16
There are also updates for USB too... you have those too?

Zka17 wrote:
There are also updates for USB too... you have those too?

Yes.
Asmedia USB 3.0 Driver V1.14.3.0 and Intel USB 3.0 Driver V1.0.1.209 from asus and I try intel 1.0.4.225 and Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller 1.0.5.235 too