cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got a G75VW...does it have a protection sticker on the screen or what?

MaXimus711
Level 10
I feel that it has some kind of anti glare film because white colors don't seem so crisp and if you look closely it's like there is a sticker and the screen seems as if it has an anti glare sticker on it...

I am just afraid to apply force and scratch it so I wanted to make sure with you guys first...

why is the screen so dull for an HD screen????
21 REPLIES 21

rabbert_klein
Level 8
There are no films or overlays attached to the screen but what you are seeing is typical of a matte finish screen opposed to the glossy screen on the older models.

The trade off of the matte finish opposed to gloss is that it will not show reflections like the glossy screen but it will as you've seen sometimes make the colors seem a little off. I do suggest using a microfiber cloth and some LCD cleaning solution to clean the screen thoroughly as my screen was a bit dirty when I first opened the box and it seemed to help with my screen.

I usually use a 50% isopropyl alcohol 50% deionized water solution applied to a clean microfiber cloth, I'm sure someone will chime in and tell me that this is a bad idea but it hasn't ruined my 46" Samsung TV, work laptop, G75, friends G53, other friends G74 or my G75.
Asus G75WV-NS72 - Kubuntu Linux 12.04.1

Crosshair V AMD FX 8150 @ 4.1 GHz
2x EVGA GeForce 570 GTX
Patriot Viper Extreme @ 2004Mhz 9-11-9-27 1.65V
OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS - 120Gb
ThermalTake Element G
Corsair HX1000 PSU
Corsair H80
Windows 7 Pro x64 until the Steam client for linux is available and stable.

MaXimus711
Level 10
I tried cleaning it but that didn't help...it looks funny when the page is completely white....

doesn't look so smooth as if you had some screen protector on it of bad quality...

I dunno if this is normal of this screen or what

It is indeed normal of this type of screen, higher brightness may help overcome it but it is just what you get when you have a matte screen.
Asus G75WV-NS72 - Kubuntu Linux 12.04.1

Crosshair V AMD FX 8150 @ 4.1 GHz
2x EVGA GeForce 570 GTX
Patriot Viper Extreme @ 2004Mhz 9-11-9-27 1.65V
OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS - 120Gb
ThermalTake Element G
Corsair HX1000 PSU
Corsair H80
Windows 7 Pro x64 until the Steam client for linux is available and stable.

rabbert.klein wrote:
It is indeed normal of this type of screen, higher brightness may help overcome it but it is just what you get when you have a matte screen.

Thank you for confirming this is how the screen is I wasn't in the mood of going back to return this notebook as I love it..

So tell me man, why on earth would ASUS choose to put a Matte screen????

I find its quality to be nothing like HD to be honest

MaXimus711 wrote:
Thank you for confirming this is how the screen is I wasn't in the mood of going back to return this notebook as I love it..

So tell me man, why on earth would ASUS choose to put a Matte screen????

I find its quality to be nothing like HD to be honest

why would ASUS stop including the 2 year warranty? Why would asus include a faulty subwoofer and speakers quieter than a mouse? Why a matte screen? Why not include O/S Discs?

Because companies only get worse as they get bigger.

😞

I noticed this too and assumed it just has some goo from the screen protector that had used. haven't been able to find a microfiber cloth as one was NOT INCLUDED in the box, opposed most electronics these days.

Redking117 wrote:
why would ASUS stop including the 2 year warranty? Why would asus include a faulty subwoofer and speakers quieter than a mouse? Why a matte screen? Why not include O/S Discs?

Because companies only get worse as they get bigger.

😞

I noticed this too and assumed it just has some goo from the screen protector that had used. haven't been able to find a microfiber cloth as one was NOT INCLUDED in the box, opposed most electronics these days.

Very sad not to include one when you buy a cheap mobile phone these days you got one...

I cleaned it with the MacBook Pro cleaning cloth which is a piece of cloth made with the best quality

I know there's 1 year difference from your post,but just saw it, when I got mine, a small microfiber fiber was included.. By the way, when you clean your screen just breathe over the screen and use that moisture to clean it with the microfiber!

I know there's 1 year difference from your post,but just saw it, when I got mine, a small microfiber fiber was included.. By the way, when you clean your screen just produce mist from your mouth then clean it with the microfiber cloth...

MaXimus711 wrote:

I dunno if this is normal of this screen or what

Yup ... normal ... many of us love the matte screen ... you have to know what you are buying ... get something else if what you want is a glossy screen!