cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53jw Audio Problem

eLePhAnTzZz
Level 7
So it seems that everytime i listen to something, sound only comes out of the right speaker, or the right side of my earphones. I tried several earbuds, and several earphones with several different songs and videos, but same problem. Anyway someone can help me?

thanks
7 REPLIES 7

dstrakele
Level 14
Did you try adjusting balance in the Realtek HD Audio Manager?

If that fails, you could try uninstalling your current Realtek audio driver and upgrading it to a current version.

If that fails, try an F9 ASUS Factory Restore.

If that fails, and this is a new purchase, return it for a replacement or a complete refund.

If that is not possible, RMA it for Warranty repair.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
Did you try adjusting balance in the Realtek HD Audio Manager?

If that fails, you could try uninstalling your current Realtek audio driver and upgrading it to a current version.

If that fails, try an F9 ASUS Factory Restore.

If that fails, and this is a new purchase, return it for a replacement or a complete refund.

If that is not possible, RMA it for Warranty repair.

Nothing worked, and i believe my warranty expired.

Thanks for response though.

dstrakele
Level 14
Well, you tried. Your friendly local computer repair shop may be your most cost-effective choice in this case.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Have you tried tweaking right-left balance from Realtek HD Audio Manager? Maybe volume balance are maxed to right?
ASUS G53JW-XA1

n3tninja
Level 9
I own a G53sw and the SPEAKERS SUCK looool.

On another note, upon checking, the audio card on the ASUS G53 is an external one and not a part of the motherboard, so you wont be shelling out a fortune replacing it.

Cheers 🙂
Asus G53sw-A1
Intel i7 2630qm
Memory 8 GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5 GB
Windows 7 Premium
1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
4x Blu-Ray
Razer Mamba, Razer Abysus, Rog Gaming Mouse.

FPS GAMER.

eLePhAnTzZz
Level 7
So, i shined my little handy dandy flashlight in the audio jack, and looks like the only of the little prong things inside is broken. SO, anyone know what i could do?

DrBeltway
Level 9
It MIGHT be possible to replace the jack, but no idea where to find a drop-in-and-solder replacement with digital optical and everything.

A USB audio device of some kind is probably the easiest way to get full sound again without any hassle or even disassembly, let alone risking damage to the motherboard.

I've been using a headphone amp with onboard USB DAC (digital audio converter) for years - there's a whole range of USB DACs with and without onboard amps on eBay ranging from decent and cheap to really nice and and not cheap.

If you're looking for reviews of just about anything you can plug headphones into, a great forum and site (IMO) for info on headphones, DACs, amps and audio craziness of all kinds is http://www.head-fi.org/
G74Sx - BIOS 203