cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia Verde 301.42 Driver on G74 ?

tirezege
Level 7
Hello G74 users!

I was wondering if anyone is using the 301.42 nvidia driver? I'm still using 296.10 and reluctant to change it to 301.42, three hundreds kinda scare me 🙂

So does anyone use it? If so, how is it comparing to 296.10, does it improve the performance significantly?
2 REPLIES 2

dstrakele
Level 14
I recommend you go straight to the 304.79 Beta with a clean install from Windows Safe Mode. Forget about the other versions.

Create a Windows System Restore Point prior to the installation. That way, if you encounter problems, you can easily undo the 304.79 Beta installation.

Then download 304.79, boot into Windows Safe Mode by pressing F8 at the ASUS splash screen. This will disable other running drivers (like Antivirus) that may interfere with the NVIDIA installation. Launch the NVIDIA installer, choose "Custom Install" and check the "Clean Install" checkbox. This will UNinstall your current NVIDIA driver prior to installation, giving you the best chance of driver installation success.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

n3tninja
Level 9
I've been using the 301.something driver for quite a while now, with no crashes or artifacts. :3

It has some sort of a performance boost, eg: 170 fps in Counter-Strike : Global Offensive, this is with everything set to max except AA settings and Multicore rendering switched off.
Asus G53sw-A1
Intel i7 2630qm
Memory 8 GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5 GB
Windows 7 Premium
1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
4x Blu-Ray
Razer Mamba, Razer Abysus, Rog Gaming Mouse.

FPS GAMER.