cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPS on the g series?

Clockwork25
Level 7
I wanna know what fps people are getting with the g75/55. What are you guys getting on like Mass Effect, Minecraft, Skyrim and Arkham City? Especially with the new nvidia drivers for the gtx 660/670.
19 REPLIES 19

c_man
Level 11

I haven't been able to pull more than 50fps on any game. Even older ones like Company of Heroes and Bioshock.

AlanMcKinnon wrote:
I haven't been able to pull more than 50fps on any game. Even older ones like Company of Heroes and Bioshock.

You sure? What drivers and graphics card are you using? I also think boosting to high performance mode may help.

I play many of the latest games I tell you which ones, Alan Wake, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Assassins Creed Revelations, Crysis 2, Dirt Showdown, Need 4 Speed ​​The Run, Battlefield 3, Spec Ops The Line, in Alan Wake with a configuration between medium / high 2x AA, play between 30 and 40 fps, assasins creed series with all options maximized 4x AA was always between 40/50 fps, crysis 2 directx 11 with extreme settings between 30/45 fps, nfs has a top of 30 fps ultra settings, dirt higth settings 2xAA between 30/45, b3 with settings between high / ultra 2x AA played between 30/35, specs ops the line between 40/60 very hight settings, and lately games like transformers FOC reached 60 fps, with highest settings, sleeping dogs in maximum except for AA reached between 35/45, note that in some cases I play with oc in gpu (750/1670), maximum temperature of 70 ° C, I hope this contribution! greetings!

Clockwork25 wrote:
You sure? What drivers and graphics card are you using? I also think boosting to high performance mode may help.

I'm sure. I'm using the GeForce GTX 670M with the latest 306.something driver installed. And I'm in high performance.

The weirdest thing is that the FPS is almost totally unaffected by any changes I make to the 3D settings in the nVidia Control Panel.

X-ROG
Level 15
You should be able to Max out Mass Effect and Minecraft easily at FullHD res. Skyrim you can High/Very High depending on the texture/AA/AF settings and mods you use. If you use the super-high-res texture packs and several mods, then generally you have to turn other bits down a few notches. I haven't tested Arkham but it's UE3 like ME so I would assume not much different, except for PhysX effects and Ambient Occlusion, which really hammers the GPU.

OK thanks guys! This is a really helpful forum!

I do 16xaa on counterstrike go I get 50+ fps.. Why do u guys do 2 or 4x AA?

G75VW-TS72

Minecraft- FPS ~1000 at max settings, cap to 60 in game

Mass Effect (All 3)- run perfectly, max setting, at 60fps (Capped)

Skyrim- (Everything at Ultra/Highest possible) Normally around 60, some dips to mid-40s and often slightly higher than 60 (Measured using FRAPS)