cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX690 not working on Maximus IV extreme?

jaygonzone
Level 7
I recently upgraded my mobo from msi z77g45 to a brand new Maximus IV extreme, I installed my hardware on the mobo including my zotac gtx 690 and Installed a fresh copy of windows 7 64bit, everything worked fine but after installing the nvidia drivers and rebooting my system nvidia control center won't detect my graphics card. I tried re-seating the card in different slots and checked for loose connections but still no good.I tried using my sapphire hd7870 and it works fine. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

My PC specs:
-Maximus IV extreme
-16gb kingston hyper x memory
-zotac gtx 690
-silverstone strider gold 850w
-Intel 60gb SSD
-WD elemets 1TB for storage.
9 REPLIES 9

8_Pack
Level 12
Have you tried setting gen 2 graphics in Bios for the X16 top red slot which is the slot you should be using.

Another option to get this working is to also try disabling Intel High Precision Times in Bios.

Let us know how this goes.

8 Pack wrote:
Have you tried setting gen 2 graphics in Bios for the X16 top red slot which is the slot you should be using.

Another option to get this working is to also try disabling Intel High Precision Times in Bios.

Let us know how this goes.

Dude thank you so much! you saved my ass! what I did was I disabled the Intel High Precision Timer in Bios and re-installed the nvidia driver, then my gtx 690 worked again. Just curious though how do I set gen 2 graphics in bios? I was looking for it in BIOS and did'nt find it. But again thank you, I hope this thread can help people in the future with the same problem. 🙂

lenehan
Level 10
Which driver set you install on the windows?
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Is your list of hardware the complete list that is fitted to your motherboard, I am especially interested on any discrete cards that will use the PCI slots.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
You find the PCI settings in the PCH section.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
You find the PCI settings in the PCH section.

ok dude thanks.

There is not such of option in PCH on M4E from what I remember. And I did have problems with showing GTX690 running at x8 instead of x16 speed in Bios and in system but normally it didn't affect in perfomance.

Melkor wrote:
There is not such of option in PCH on M4E from what I remember. And I did have problems with showing GTX690 running at x8 instead of x16 speed in Bios and in system but normally it didn't affect in perfomance.

Yeah that option is not found in PCH settings in M4E BIOS, only the enable/disable Intel High Precision Timer which solved my problem.

HiVizMan
Level 40
That is correct the disable HPT is what I was referring too, it is the only setting in that sub menu.