cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75VW-DS72 - R.O.G. Gaming Mouse Problem

Lifias69
Level 7
Greetings I recently purchased a G75VW-DS72 and it came with a Gaming Mouse. It works fine, I'd just like to use the software with it. It came with no specific CD, though I assumed the software was on the Driver CD. I popped in the Driver CD and no option came up for me to install it. There was no folder in my programs referencing it either. I went to the Asus support website and downloaded it from there. I installed the software, however when it first opens a dialog box appears stating:

Warning!
No mouse detected
Press OK to scan USB ports again or press cancel to continue(no settings will be saved.)

I click OK as the instructions stated yet nothing happens. I can tweak the settings all I want but it has no effect on my mouse. I've tried rebooting as well as uninstalling and re-installing the software with no success. The same error message appears.

I suppose the next step would be to completely uninstall the mouse driver, however I'm not sure if that is necessary or even how to go about doing that.

My goal is to have the software actually work by letting me change the DPI, Macro, Buttons, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

dstrakele
Level 14
I would try:

1) Disabling the touchpad

2) Checking Device Manager to see if the USB Mouse is detected. If not, try "Action - Scan for hardware changes". It is critical the USB Mouse be recognized in Device Manager. If that failed, I'd

3) try other USB Ports

4) Update Intel Chipset and USB 3.0 drivers

5) Uninstall and reinstall Ai Charger Pluts

6) Uninstall USB Mouse Driver {check to see if it can be uninstalled from "Control Panel - Uninstall a program". If not, uninstall it from Device Manager - reboot into Safe Mode - reinstall USB Mouse Driver.

Are other USB devices, like a flash drive detected when inserted into your USB ports?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
I would try:

1) Disabling the touchpad

2) Checking Device Manager to see if the USB Mouse is detected. If not, try "Action - Scan for hardware changes". It is critical the USB Mouse be recognized in Device Manager. If that failed, I'd

3) try other USB Ports

4) Update Intel Chipset and USB 3.0 drivers

5) Uninstall and reinstall Ai Charger Pluts

6) Uninstall USB Mouse Driver {check to see if it can be uninstalled from "Control Panel - Uninstall a program". If not, uninstall it from Device Manager - reboot into Safe Mode - reinstall USB Mouse Driver.

Are other USB devices, like a flash drive detected when inserted into your USB ports?

Thanks for your reply. The USB Ports work fine, I'm pretty sure that's not the issue. So yes to answer your question, a flash drive, external hard drive, etc are detected when they are plugged in to the USB slot and function correctly.

I went through all of the steps you described and nothing seemed to help the problem. Thus, I think the software itself is defective. Just to clarify, the mouse works fine, along with any other USB device that I connect, it's just that the software dealing the mouse doesn't seem to detect the mouse despite everything I tried, thus making so I can't assign macro's, adjust DPI, etc on the mouse.

Here's what I did.

1) I entered into Windows Safe Mode, opened the device manager, and uninstalled the driver for the mouse. There are two categories that the driver falls under. "Human interface devices" and "Mice and other pointing devices." I uninstalled the driver from all four USB ports.

2) I uninstalled the "Gaming Software" (Mouse Software) while still in safe mode, it required a reboot. I did so, entering Safe Mode once again.

3) With the mouse software uninstalled and the actual mouse drivers uninstalled, I installed the mouse software (still in safe mode). It required a reboot, I did so and this time entering the normal OS.

4) Everything booted up as normal I plugged in my mouse, opened the mouse software and the error message still appeared, and I am still unable to tweak settings on my mouse through the software.

dstrakele
Level 14
I'd be tempted to have the ROG USB Mouse and driver installed BEFORE I installed the Mouse software. Maybe that's why it reports "No mouse detected." The installer may need to detect an installed USB mouse to decide what additional mouse model-specific software to install.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Liquidus
Level 8
Do you know the mouse module exactly? Like is it the GX890, GX900, GX950?

Did you find a fix for this issue? I'm having the same problem with my G75 and the 850 mouse. I was finally able to use the software after removing and reinstalling the software, but after restarting the computer...I am still getting that "please plug in the ROG gaming mouse" error.

Pitcher1
Level 9
is it all USB the same problem? please try to uninstall instant on or USB charger + utility.

Mike_Lu@ASUS wrote:
is it all USB the same problem? please try to uninstall instant on or USB charger + utility.

Yes, it's the same problem on every USB port. The program works after installling, but once I reboot the system I'm faced with that annoying message again. When I click OK the program turns off and prevents me from accessing the program.

Kyunmix3
Level 7
hi,

I'm having the same problem too.

I plugged in intot he USB port, and its usable. But when i want to configure it, it gives me an error to notify me to plug in my mouse.
Are there any solutions yet?

Thanks.

Kyunmix3 wrote:
hi,

I'm having the same problem too.

I plugged in intot he USB port, and its usable. But when i want to configure it, it gives me an error to notify me to plug in my mouse.
Are there any solutions yet?

Thanks.

Here's a download link below for the gaming mouse, run the installer to reinstall the software.
Try uninstalling the old software first, and do a fresh install.
Make sure old file folder is deleted also, to clean out any old config files there.
Hopefully this will fix your issue.

Gaming mouse
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar