cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Audio Ports Not Muting Rear Audio Ports?

rrm74001
Level 7
I bought my first headphone/microphone headset a few days ago. The first time I plugged it in to the front audio/mic ports of my computer, the Realtek HD Audio Manger control panel popped up and everything worked great. However, audio comes out both the front and rear audio ports when I have the headset plugged in to the front audio ports. I see in the Realtek HD Audio Manger that there is an option to mute the rear audio ports when a device is plugged in to the front ports, but that option is already enabled and it is still happening. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

bikeman
Level 7

My driver version was a little outdated, but it did not fix the problem. Any other ideas?

feniks
Level 11
did you make sure that the option under Realtek HD Options is checkmarked? it's called "Mute the rear output device when a Front Panel headphone connected". it works fine for me.

however I have a different sort of problem ... this stubborn app keeps reverting my Speaker setup to Stereo instead of 5.1 whenever I connect headphones and then disconnect them ... grgrrrrrr ...
.: R3C0NF1GUR3D :.
ASUS MVE :: 3770K bench @ 5.2GHz (delidded) :: 2x4GB Mushkin 996990 @ 2400MHz CL10 @ 1.7V :: evga 670 2GB SLI @ 1280/7108 :: Mushkin Chronos 240GB SSD RAID0 (OS) :: WD RE4 2TB (storage) 2TB :: Hitachi Deskstar 5K300 2TB (backup USB3.0) :: ASUS VG248QE 24'' 144Hz monitor

My rig with pictures
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle