cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 Safe Oc'ing

HulkSmash
Level 8
Ok so I've owned my G75 for a month now, and I am more than satisfied with it. It's running anything I throw at it , without a single problem. I've been Oc'ing in order to get the best out of my games. Been running BF3 on ultra, 26-34 fps, crysis 2 on hardcore about the same amount of fps. However, I'm a little worried about the lifetime of my video card. I've done a lot of research, and I've ran every test possible, but nothing beats true experience. I've been running EVGA Precison, at 135+ core, 350+ mem. I do have the version with the GTX 660m Kepler, and never got over 68C ( average 63-65) the cooling here is pretty crazy for a stock laptop. BF3 did crash once, and I did get some artifacting once when messing with Precison while the game was open (changed the mem clovk to 470 or 500 don't remember exactly). So what's a very safe but powerful Oc on this Oc mOnster? The max I took it to was 135 core, 550 mem...

8gb ram
I7 3610q
Gtx 660m
1tb(crappy 5200, but upgrading to a SSD soon.)
Asus G75 BBK5
3 REPLIES 3

bignazpwns
Level 11
Well this all dapends on your system and temps. I'm doing 1,350 with no volt mod and 630 on the memory and i'm safe.

If you want more then a +135 on the ore you need to use nvidia inspector to force a pstate but keep in mind your card will not throttle any more and will be running full power the whole time so temps will go up. been seeing clocks from 1,100-1,200 most people get and the better gtx 660m's are hitting over 1,300 on the core. keep in mind these are all without volt mods.

I would back off the memory and oc the core first then do the memory because your memory clock can affect the core's headroom for overclocking.

Now i will say going from stock to a 1050 on the core i did see in some games a gain of 20fps. Now i haven't tested that in crysis or anything but in the few games i did test kepletr is scaling pretty nice with the clocks.

My advice is to check out.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/677169-nvidia-mobile-kepler-6xx-maste...

Then clock 20-50mhz higher at a time and check for stability, artifacts and your temps. If you get artifacts or bsod's then back off the clock by about 20mhz but 1,100 on the core should be pretty easy for you to get.

Awesome, so as long as I'm not messing with the voltage, and watching temps I should be good on lifespam...My max here has been 70C after 15 mins on furmark, but played bf3 on ultra for a couple of hours, and it didn't go past 68c....What temp should I be looking for as to maxing without compromising the video card? Around the mid 70s?

bignazpwns
Level 11
Use nvidia inspector. Your GPU will shut down before it hurts its self. That in mind i keep my limit to 80c as a max for full load. At 1350 at load im only hitting 72c

80c would be my personal max. I seen some people go 90c and that wont harm your card its just hotter then what i want to do.