cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 660m core unlocked

HulkSmash
Level 8
Ok, so using nvidia Inspector, I unlock the core, I'm currently at 1200 mhz , no problems so far, and max I hit was 69c on furmark after 15 mins, and 58c on bf3 after a few hours(I feel like it can definetly go further, but not sure if I should)...I dont really have that much experience with it though, have done a lot of research to make sure Im not doing anything stupid. But I dont really like the idea of having to force PStates all the time. Also for iddle, should I set the core to 135 which is the regular idle? Or should I adjust it a little higher since it is locked? Am I prejudicating the video card in the long run by forcing Pstates and all? (BTW I posted about my video card being locked at 835 mhz, it was just the lock, sorry about it :P)
11 REPLIES 11

freefall
Level 7
Can you please explain how did you unlock your GPU clock frequencies. Thank you!

72 views, but no replies, cmon guys! 🙂

Bearing in mind what i read in that thread you gave me the link to, it does not seem that they have fully unlocked the GPU BIOS, because if it was unlocked you would be able to reach much higher clock speeds. I think this is some kind of trying to cheat the system that doesn't really work. I suggest you use the normal OC-ing that is available for now and wait for the BIOS to be unlocked. After all the laptop you own right now is not 3 or 4 years old to be rushing to overclock it right?

freefall wrote:
Bearing in mind what i read in that thread you gave me the link to, it does not seem that they have fully unlocked the GPU BIOS, because if it was unlocked you would be able to reach much higher clock speeds. I think this is some kind of trying to cheat the system that doesn't really work. I suggest you use the normal OC-ing that is available for now and wait for the BIOS to be unlocked. After all the laptop you own right now is not 3 or 4 years old to be rushing to overclock it right?

You dont need to unlock it. I got a GTX 660m sitting at 1350 on the core right now useing that. Maybe your just not reading enough.

And how does this docent really work?

You can go higher the question is will the system power the overclocked card then can your gpu do it without a volt mod. The max stable i can hit is 1350 on the core after that i need a volt mod. I been running for a few months at 1350 and never had a problem and it will be fine unless your temps are all out of wack. Personally for daily use i wouldent go much higher then 1300 on the core since this can be pretty hard on the power system/

HulkSmash
Level 8
No it's not a full unlock, just an unlock to the regular 135+ core on most Oc software, but regarding the question. Át My temps I should be fine right? And regarding idle speeds, what do u do bignazpwns?

bignazpwns
Level 11
Your temps are fine. Keep them in the 70-75c load range on furmark and your overclock is golden.

HulkSmash
Level 8
What about when you're not running games? Do you lower it? And if you do, by how much?

HulkSmash
Level 8
Or do you run it at 1300 mhz at all times?