cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73SW - Is my fan working at all?

Retired
Not applicable
I've been reading through the posts here - many posts about fan noise. I'm thinking that I'm a lucky SOB cuz I don't hear my fans at all! 🙂

When gaming, I feel a very small amount of heat from the GPU exhaust side, but the other side is always cool.

I noticed that I never really feel any air being pushed out - I just feel the ambient temps.

So this is my question (noob alert!): How do I tell if my fans are actually working at all? Is there some sort of utility that will tell me this, as well as telling me the relevant internal temps?

Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2

jorlanm
Level 7
HWinFo32 is one of the common used program...also note that the GPU tends yo run 20 more degrees than the CPU. The GPU sucks more voltage and watts even on standby...dont be supprised if your CPU are idling at 38 c ~ 43 c and yourGPU is at 56 c ~ 63 c on idle...on load i have seen the CPU hit high 50's and tha GPU lower 80's

The CPU canhandle up to 100 c before damage happens...the GPU according to nVidia will still run OK at 105 c but never realy specified the limit...
-ASUS ROG G73SW-3DE-
-Intel Core i7-2630QM Mobile Quad Processor
-Intel HM65 Express Chipset +ICH10
-17.3" 1920x1080 120Hz Anti-Glare Matte Screen
-nVidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM
-nVidia 3D Vision Active Shutter Glasses
-Creative EAX Advanced HD 5.0
-THX TruStudio
-8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM (Max 32GB)
-2x500 Seagate Momentous XT Hybrid HDD
-Blu-Ray 4x Burner
-Logitech Performance MX Darkfield Laser Mice
-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

-XBOX360, PS3, Wii

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for the info ... muchly appretiated 🙂

jorlanm wrote:
HWinFo32 is one of the common used program...also note that the GPU tends yo run 20 more degrees than the CPU. The GPU sucks more voltage and watts even on standby...dont be supprised if your CPU are idling at 38 c ~ 43 c and yourGPU is at 56 c ~ 63 c on idle...on load i have seen the CPU hit high 50's and tha GPU lower 80's

The CPU canhandle up to 100 c before damage happens...the GPU according to nVidia will still run OK at 105 c but never realy specified the limit...