cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help OC a i7 2600k on ME4 z68

Motion2082
Level 7
Hey guys,

Bought a i7 2600k + m4E z68 about 6 months ago and have been running at 3.8Ghz however I thought since I have got a big heat sink I thought I would try OC.

Do you know any links that can assist me.

My specs are as follows

i7 2600k / ME4 Z68 / GTX580 / 128GB SSD Crucial M4 / 2x 4GB G.SKill 1600Mhz 1.5v RAM / 1200w PSU
11 REPLIES 11

HiVizMan
Level 40
What is the big heat sink?

I clocked a 2500K the other day to 5.4GHz just using the auto settings. Only thing I changed was the multiplier 😛

So should not be too difficult cooling dependant to get your system up to a very comfortable 4.4GHz
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Noctua NH-D14 😮

Cool thats sounds easy, how do I do that?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Go into BIOS

F5 to set defaults.

Set MODE of overclock to XMP for your ram.

Navigate down to the set by all cores for the multiplier and select 44.

F10 to save and exit.

Use CPUz to see what your default voltage is.

Should be good to go.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Ok followed your steps.

Did not know where to enter the 44 though.

Auto OC Extreme reached 4532Mhz but went to blue screen of death at 4.6

HiVizMan
Level 40
Motion please do take the time to read a couple of the guides, they can be found in the OLD Maximus threads sticky.

If you are not sure where to enter the multiplier in the BIOS then caution is called for. And reading those guides will add huge value to your OC experience.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?122-Older-Maximus-Series-IMPORTANT-amp-USEFUL-THREADS

is that the top 3 stickys?

cheers

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yes the BIOS layout and principles are interchangeable.

So had a little play around following the guide and made a few adjustments

Put into Offset Mode
Vcore Phase Control was optimized
Vcore load line calibration was 75%
Max Turbo Ratio 44

Rebooted and lost my Crucial M4 in my BIOS. Had to physically unplug the power to get it booting again.

So reset defaults and used AI Suite to OC to 4532Mhz. Anything above that crashes so think this is the best setting.

HiVizMan
Level 40
And what did your add to the offset mode? You will need to either + or - and then enter a value. I suggest a + 0.040 and then check with CPUz to see what the actual voltage is.

You do need to add some voltage to your system will not have the voltage you need for the overclcok.