cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: un detected recovery partition on Asus G75VX-T4020H

samozen
Level 8
hi all

I have just received my Asus G75VX-T4020H and I tried to burn recovery DVD but it gives me the error that the recovery partition is deleted, but I looked in device manager and there are three hidden recovery partition,Recovery,Restore and Efi.
how can I burn the recovery dvds.
thanks
30 REPLIES 30

samozen
Level 8

rewben
Level 13
unfortunately, from the user feedback, there's no official way from ASUS to create the recovery DVD set.

from the images shown, there is indeed a partition called 'Restore' that i suspect is the ASUS's restore partition that houses the restore image.

samozen
Level 8
thanks for replay
is there a way to make a recovery partition on what exist on these recovery partition147441474514746

rewben
Level 13
uh? you can access the restore partition?! i think that install.wim can be used to restore your windows. but i'm just not very sure if it worked.

samozen
Level 8
can you tell me how to do that. indeed I can access the recovery partition but how to restore the system from install.wim ?
thanks

rewben
Level 13
maybe i wasn't clear enough about the things i said.

what i was thinking just now was simple: i assume that if you do not change your partition layout, and you just formated your current c:; maybe you could boot using winpe, and then use imagex /apply to dump the install.wim into the formatted c:

however, i don't think it's that simple, samozen.

edit: w8 uses dism instead, because imagex is depreciated. well, if you need to know more about this, you can check it out here. i understand you need a simple answer. that i cannot give you 😕

greypigeon
Level 7
The Recovery partition is 600Mb, it's like a simple version of MSDART ('boots in recovery or troubleshooting mode like Windows Recovery Cd)
The Restore partition contains the Original OS (install.wim), but I 'm not sure if you simply apply the .wim it will the job!

And if your system came with Windows 8, AI recovery doesn't work I think!

samozen
Level 8
yes it came with windows 8. is there a dism tool to do a clean install of the install.wim like imagex in sony?
thanks

samozen wrote:
yes it came with windows 8. is there a dism tool to do a clean install of the install.wim like imagex in sony?
thanks

You can!
In cmd (run as Administrator) just enter dism.

dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile: "path to the install.wim" /Index:1 /ApplyDir:C:\

PATH TO INSTALL.WIM like f:\install.wim (no quotes)

BTW:
You can create your own image as backup from cmd in Windows 8

Check this

like: recimg /CreateImage M:\RefreshImage