cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Lag Spike Pattern

Hav0q
Level 7
I just upgraded my unit to a Asus Maximus V Extreme w/Intel 3770K (running @ stock speed for now), and Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM (2x8GB).

Every single online game I play (BF3, LoL, CS-GO, etc.) has a nonstop creeping lag spike that comes and goes and comes and goes...I can't play anything. IT'S driving me nuts! I've checked and re-checked all the routers, modem, etc . and they're fine, my other computers run perfectly. Any ideas??? Maybe a bad Intel Gigabit driver?

Other specs:
Windows 8 Pro
eVGA GTX 590 Classified
Corsair AX 1200 PSU
Creative Titanium HD Sound
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, all latest drivers...even tried old drivers and Win8 default drivers...same result.

I went to the local Best Buy, purchased all new coax cables, digital coax splitter, a USB WiFI and Ethernet adapter to test...still the same result! I'm really stumped with this one.

TenBlade
Level 11
Are all your BIOS settings stock? If not, clear CMOS, test games, if everything is good, change desired settings in BIOS one at a time, and test game after each change. Tedious, yes, but worth it in the long run.

Perhaps Memtest your ram, and if that doesn´t do it, clear CMOS, flash latest BIOS, or if it´s the latest version, try older BIOS revision.

I tried all stock BIOS settings and modified. I'm currently running the latest BIOS. I will run Memtest right now.

SUKARA
Level 10
Very strange!
DId you have installed any Antivirus software or others Firewall?
Maybe help to disabled or remove it test again!