cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to forum an jsut bought Xonar phoebus need soem help please

Tassy
Level 7
Hi guys, ok just to outline the last few days leading to to this..

I bought a high end PC, about 4 grands worth, inc 2 GTX 680s an a Xonar phoebus.

Now, after bricking my vid cards day after I got them (NEVER!!! use GPU Tweak), The shop techs managed to them reflashed thankfully, now they installed my Phoebus today, only to find that in vent, my friends can hear my in game sounds. I cant seem to stop it no matter what I do.
After last 48 hours I would kill for something to go right.
Between being told to flash my Vbios an have GPU tweak crash on me in middle of it, bricking my cards.... then get home an find the soundboard echos (fixed that) THEN! ventrillo seems to play all my in game sounds to my friends (impossible to put up with)....

I could use a break an some help :).
25 REPLIES 25

Tassy
Level 7
So, anyone any ideas at all?. I am burned out after 6 hours trying o figure out why vet is playing all my in game sound or movie sounds in vent while I chat....It has only happened since using the Phoebus.

Also this can be unknown Ventrilo bug.
Look at Sound section in Ventrilo FAQ page
http://www.ventrilo.com/faq.php#sound4

You may try another programm to chat.

yer thanks guys, I am using headphones, thats the crazy thing. I use Steelseries HD headset, an dammed if I know whats going on. I tool out that stupid control box, an plugged my headset directly into the card ports on back of card an it still didn't help.

ok so I fixed it, using onboard sound. I had to turn on AEC?? But I cant find that in the Phoebus

AVtemp
Level 10
If you use speakers:
Your mic pick not only your voice but sound of your speakers also.
Thats why all ingame sounds,which was produced by speakers can be captured by mic.
You can try to change microphone boost in Phoebus driver or move away mic from speakers.

WTC
Level 7
There's no AEC with Phoebus, and if you use headphone it's not necessary. AEC is for cancelling sound that output from speakers and picked up my microphone.

If you play some music and at the same time do recording with SoundRecorder thru mic, will the recorded audio data contain the music you're playing?

AEC works in my onboard sound. when I turn it on in realtek it instantly stops the game sounds being herd in vent. But as it is, if I play a game like planetside 2 or Anno 2070 for instance, everyone hears all my in game sounds while I am trying to talk to them in ventrillo

WTC
Level 7
Are you using headphone with the onboard sound also? Anything come out of your speakers? By the way, do not turn on GX. I'm not familiar with ventrillo but it looks like that software somehow picked up the audio output stream.

yer mate, I use headphones with onboard sound too. Soon as I turn on AEC in my realtek options it instantly stops any audio coming into Ventrillo other than voice. I dont use external speakers at all. I cant take the card back, because strictly speaking its not faulty. As well as the audio through it sounds amazing. But it kind of defeats reason for having it if I cant talk to my friends or even watch a movie while on Vent. I have to keep switching back to my onboard sound to avoid this issue.

WTC
Level 7
I kind of believe it's Ventrillo setting issue. Normally when using onboard sound, without AEC turned on, recorded voice shouldn't be mixed with the playback sound... AEC is used for cancelling sound from speakers but it will work too if the audio is incorrectly mixed by Ventrillo. You souldn't need to turn that on, though.