cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen issue!

Retired
Not applicable
Hello people!

I`ve just acquired a g73jh. I`ve managed to get it round nicely for about two hours until I was asked to update my drivers. I wish I hadn´t done it,for two hours later my lappy showed some nasty vertical black & grey lines which froze my computer.

Ever since that moment, my computer has not booted. The keyboard lights turn on for a second and then they go off.The screen remains pitch black and the only buttons which are lighted are the power button and the three small buttons on the upper left side.

Has anyone ever encountered such thing before? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
5 REPLIES 5

irdmoose
Level 10
Have you tried connecting an external monitor to your laptop to test it? Which driver(s) did it ask to update? Does it produce the normal startup sounds, and have you disconnected the battery and power adapter and then plugged it all back in?

Retired
Not applicable
1) I tried connecting my monitor to the laptop and I´ve had no success.
2)Regarding the drivers, I`m afraid I didn´t pay much attention to them the only thing I remember was that the update was triggered when I installed directx 9.0c.
3)Sadly, the computer is silent as if it were idle or asleep, but the lights are still on. If you are talking about windows sounds, forget it, I don´t hear a thing 😛
4)Tried and had no success. I even tried disassembling the damn thing.

Chastity
Level 10
Open the bottom and remove your secondary HDD. See if you can then boot. You can also try removing the battery, hit Power 5 times, then plug in the AC and see if she boots up properly.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
I bought the refurbished version so it doesn´t come with two HDDs.Still, I tried booting it with no HDD (crazy as it may sound) but I got nothing.
I tried taking out pretty much everything there was at hand: Mems, battery. No use...
It´d be great if there were any other tests available before I call Asus for a replacement.

Chastity
Level 10
Sounds to me you will need to have is serviced. You may have a 30-90 day warranty on the refurb from your seller.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]