cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

latest recommended video driver for a GTX 260m card?

grasses
Level 7
where can i find the latest recommended video card driver for my ASUS G60V which it has a GTX 260m card. The one from the official ASUS site doesn't have any update for this laptop's vga driver at all. And I wonder if the latest one from Nvidia will work fine?
7 REPLIES 7

Pitcher1
Level 9
you can type VGA in search bar of asus support site, it have all vga driver are able to download, also you can visit nvidia website.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome! You can find the latest ASUS approved drivers for your notebook from the ASUS download site (click on link).

If you go to the same site and choose to 'select model manually', you can see some notebook 'secret' categories when you go to select the series like 'drivers' if you want to search for unapproved drivers (you can also just search by VGA as Mike Lu suggested and choose the Notebook VGA downloads to go to the same site).
Unfortunately, it doesn't tell you which unapproved vga driver is for your notbeook, but I usually just check the latest approved driver version and try to find something slightly higher for the unapproved drivers.

If you are using Win7 64-bit (?), I see the latest ASUS approved nVidia driver for the G60Vx is V8.15.11.8640 and there are unapproved versions V8.15.11.8669 and V8.15.11.8680 too that you might consider trying.
I'm a bit paranoid, but back up and be prepared for the worst if you don't want to take any chances.

grungeboy2
Level 10
i would grab the official nvidia one. www.nvidia.com

http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-314.07-whql-driver.html

thanks for the replys. cl-Albert , how do u know the V8.15.11.8669 and V8.15.11.8680 are the only unapproved vga drivers for the ASUS G60vx?

I had tried the latest driver from the official nvidia before (309.xx), and it seems like it gives me BSOD. (Not sure tho, may be its my HDD's fault since it has few "delays" found by HDD regenerator)

cl-Albert
Hi grasses,

Now that I read your OP again, I'm not sure if you were looking for the latest ASUS approved vga driver for your notebook or just an approved driver for your notebook vga card (which may or may not work okay for your notebook if they don't come from the ASUS download site?).

Anyway, I may have missed some on the ASUS unapproved vga downloads site, but since this section doesn't tell you which notebook model they are for, I looked for drivers starting with 'V8.15.11' just like your approved driver did and has higher numbers than '8640' for the last 4 digits which gave me unapproved versions V8.15.11.8669 and V8.15.11.8680 for Win7 64-bit that you could try.
There are also more recent nVIdia drivers posted, but if they don't start with 'V8.15.11', I suspect they are for different nVIdia GPUs and will not work for your notebook.

I'm more concerned about the notebook vga drivers posted on the ASUS site though, so you may also want to check later if anybody else has feedback about the drivers posted on the nVidia website or suggestions to get it working if the ones on the ASUS download site don't solve a problem you are seeing.

grasses
Level 7
Yes, what im looking for is a latest ASUS approved vga driver for my notebook, because all I found is a approved driver from 3 years ago...
I also tried the official driver from Nvidia's not long ago, but it gave me BSOD.
I tried the latest ASUS unapproved vga driver as well (the ver. 9.18.xxxxxx) and its not for my GPU.

cl-Albert
Yes, unfortunately from what I've seen ASUS doesn't approve drivers indefinitely, so eventually you will stop seeing updates for the approved drivers.
If you are trying to solve an issue, you may want to consider trying the unapproved drivers on the ASUS download site although it's a good idea to back up if you can't take any chances.
nVidia may also have drivers on their website, but it may be tougher to get them working sometimes although others on the forums can hopefully provide suggestions.