cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**SOLVED!** Wi-fi Problem on G75VX Windows 7 (plus fn+f9 problem, solved too)

BuLaXa
Level 7
Hi everybody! just wanted to share the news with everybody, because I know that a lot of people had the same problem as I did...
After downgrading from Win8 to Win7 in my G75VX, it was impossible to find the right network adapter driver... that meant, no wi-fi! 😕 but NOT ANYMORE!

Credits go to @rledge21 for sending me this link, which after months of LAN limitation, got my wireless working:

http://www.asus.com/Networking/PCEAC66/#support_Download_30

I sincerely hope this driver solves all of your problems, people...

Also, people were having trouble with the fn+f9 command (as I was).

Credits go to @cjonash for the solution: "I managed to get the fn+F9 to work by installing the touchpad driver from the supplied CD (it is the Win 8 version, but it also works for Win 7). I just run the install exe-file."

My fn+f9 didn't work either. Installed this driver, rebooted... et voilá! It works now. No more random clicks while writing...

as an asian woman driver would say: "good luck, everyone else!!" (*proceeds to turn 5 lanes in a row with no warning and without looking*)
Asus G75VX-T4022P
Processor: Intel i7 3630QM
Memory: 32GB (4*8GB 1600Mhz)
Storage: 256GB SSD + 750GB 7200rpm
Screen: Matte 17.3" LED FHD / NG
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX670MX, GDDR5 3Gb
Wireless: 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0
17 REPLIES 17

JwPwns
Level 10
lol sounds like you didn't search hard enough for the drivers the first time
Asus G46 vw
3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-3820QM processor
16GB-DDR Corsair Vengence 1600
128GB Samsung 830 Msata SSD + 750 GB HDD
GTX 660m + Windows 7 ultimate db Windows 8 pro

Pitcher1
Level 9
so, did you try on your laptop, is it work nornal?because asus have not provide win 7 driver.

Mike_Lu@ASUS wrote:
so, did you try on your laptop, is it work nornal?because asus have not provide win 7 driver.

Yes. I tried this driver on my laptop and it worked.

This is part of the message that rledge21 sent me:

(...) Anyway, I got my wireless working and wanted to share my solution with you since I can't post on the forums currently. btw my device id is 43b1 - i couldnt view the image you posted with your device id, but perhaps it is similar. after a few hours of googling, i found out there is a WIFI card asus makes that uses the same broadcom chipset with the id 43b1, and that it has Win7 drivers. I downloaded them at the below link, and everything worked! best of luck!

http://www.asus.com/Networking/PCEAC...rt_Download_30

I didn't quite understand it, but the matter of fact is that the driver from that link worked.

Here is a picture. Tested the connection through wireless, it works.

Asus G75VX-T4022P
Processor: Intel i7 3630QM
Memory: 32GB (4*8GB 1600Mhz)
Storage: 256GB SSD + 750GB 7200rpm
Screen: Matte 17.3" LED FHD / NG
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX670MX, GDDR5 3Gb
Wireless: 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0

I have the same problem with my noteboock, you link doesnt work

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?29827-**SOLVED!**-Wi-fi-Problem-on-G75VX-Windows-7-(plus-fn... the link works in the post.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

if you go to http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?29983-Clean-Windows-7-on-Asus-G75VX-(Win8-pre-installed)

and use the link bjurn puts at the bottom to get drivers here

it asks you to first download AKAMI NET SESSION INTERFACE which then allows download of the PCE AC66 DRIVER

having the akami interface must put some executable link in some way into the driver...i dont know but i know when i tried to update the driver from a flash drive without the akami software downlaoaded it kept saying it could not read the driver...once i tried it with the akami software on my system it loaded first time..... but also note that the akami software may be involved in creating system hiss on audio so you might want to remove akami when wifi stable

Yes you should download your drivers from Asus Support Downloads If you want the latest drivers that are not tested and approved by Asus, then go to the manufacture website and download the ones that are for your particular hardware. Remember you are installing drivers that have not be tested to work on your notebook and you may experience problems when you do roll back to the latest from the Asus Support Download. Always load drivers 1 at a time and check out you system to insure that driver is settled in and not causing any issues. Then go on to the next driver. Working this way you will save yourself a lot of aggravation and possible having to Clean install to get your system functioning correctly.

Usually some one on here will test new drivers and report how they are working. I usually wait until I see several people have tried out a new driver and non of them are having issues. Sometimes having the latest driver is not a good thing.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

lrfreelander
Level 7
I JUST bought myself a G75VX-T4153H, turned it on to find that it doesn't even have WIFI!!!!!!!!!!!

I found this thread, installed the software, and it tells me that ASUS Wireless Adapter is not installed on your computer.

Please Help, this just seems rediculous!

I have also read that it maybe a Windows 8 problem, but want to make sure before I spend hours changing it to Windows 7

Thanks!

theangry
Level 7
BuLaXa wrote:
Hi everybody! just wanted to share the news with everybody, because I know that a lot of people had the same problem as I did...
After downgrading from Win8 to Win7 in my G75VX, it was impossible to find the right network adapter driver... that meant, no wi-fi! 😕 but NOT ANYMORE!

Credits go to @rledge21 for sending me this link, which after months of LAN limitation, got my wireless working:

http://www.asus.com/Networking/PCEAC66/#support_Download_30

I sincerely hope this driver solves all of your problems, people...

Er.. new here... anyways, would that work on a VX model with b/g/n modem? i haven't had the chance to get the ASUS G75VX but already planning to. However, i feel like holding back due to the different WLAN that you and I would have. Please reply ._.'