cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75VX Lag Spikes + Programs not responding.

Parkicism
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I recently just got my ASUS G75VX-RH71-CA from NCIX online store, but I have been facing some issues lately. Whenever I run high demanding games such as Far Cry 3 and Skyrim, I always get this mini lag spike every now and then which bothers me.

Does anyone have the solution to this? I haven't downloaded any drivers from the internet, and also I used the CD that came with the laptop. Sometimes when I play minecraft with my friends, it just randomly stops working and says that program not responding.

I am also using Windows 8 if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
34 REPLIES 34

bignazpwns
Level 11
A ton of things can cause them. Playing online off diff things cause lag spikes.

Most common will be.

-PC not plugged in. GPU alone takes more power at full load then the battery can supply. So if you don't have it plugged into the wall you will go full fps then drop to 10 then back to full and drop to 10 off and on like that every few seconds.

-Thermal throttling. If the gpu gets to hot it will throttle its self down. Some times this can cause a lag spike.

-Power options. If its set on a power saving option that can cause some lag. You always want it on high performance unless your not gaming and using it on the batt. and need more batt life.

It can be a few other things but from dealing with peoples laptop those seem to be the most common.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have connected the laptop to the wall, and I am running without the battery and just the AC.

My Max GPU temperature is at 65'C, and it is overclocked ( Core +135mhz, Memory +1000mhz)

It is already set to high performance!

The MSI Afterburner's On Screen Display shows me that when the lag spike does happen it goes from 45fps to 1fps

Parkicism wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply!

I have connected the laptop to the wall, and I am running without the battery and just the AC.

My Max GPU temperature is at 65'C, and it is overclocked ( Core +135mhz, Memory +1000mhz)

It is already set to high performance!

The MSI Afterburner's On Screen Display shows me that when the lag spike does happen it goes from 45fps to 1fps

Try a more heavy OC, something like 760/1600.
sounds more like you are under clocking, the defaults are 600/1400 for the 670mx
Is that a "type o"?
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

I meant to say I added +135 mhz for the core and +1000mhz for the memory.
It is currently at 735/2400, but I am still getting these miniature lag spikes every single time I play games.... It's starting to annoy me a lot now..

Do you guys think that the miniature lag is caused from the hardware or the software?
I do not really want to send in my laptop as I just got it...

DirtyCodingHabi
Level 9
I was having these same issues when I had Kaspersky Internet Security. Maybe it's a AV or firewall that's causing these problems. I recommend to uninstall your AV or FW if you have any installed.

The only internet security I have is the McAfee Internet Security... I deleted Avast, because it was causing the BSOD on Windows 8.
If I don't have any anti virus, is there a way to keep my computer safe?

rewben
Level 13
uninstall the mcafee and you'll know the difference. in the early days it's the known cause to lags.

you can use Microsoft Security Essentials, if you want.

rewben wrote:
uninstall the mcafee and you'll know the difference. in the early days it's the known cause to lags.

you can use Microsoft Security Essentials, if you want.

I have uninstalled the McAfee Internet Security, but the problem still occurs.

I am kind of getting worried now, but I am thinking that this could be caused by Windows 8? or maybe it could be drivers issues?

The Device Manager tells me that I have the latest version of the driver out there for my graphics card though...