cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus V extreme CPU temperature probleme jump to 70 celcius

masterac
Level 8
hie again, so after my bluetooth post its time to talk about my CPU probleme

its funny but it happen mostly when i play minecratf, i tried to play with HD texture (512x512)
after patching the game i play a little and then i get warning by fan expert that my cpu is at 70 c° !!!!!! i was like whoooo this must be a mistake, so i check and nope, it seem minecraft get a lot out of my CPU.

how come ? how can a little game like this get the cpu so high ? is it because of the texture ? i use 3dmark and dont even get warning but i use minecraft and the whole thing is close to burn.

i'm still with the original cpu fan of intel, i will change for the corsaire h110 when its available (all the shops seem to be out of them for now..even website)

i use a i7 3770k,a maximus V extreme , a GTX 560ti and 16 giga or ram....any idea ?
7 REPLIES 7

Chino
Level 15
I've read that minecraft is a complete CPU hog. Maybe that can be attributed to the fact that minecraft was programmed in Java. Java alone is a resource hog LOL. 😛

That's completely normal that you're getting those high temperatures with the stock cooler. It doesn't do a good job when your CPU usage starts going higher than 70%-80%. For example, playing Far Cry 3 at 1080p with Ultra Settings and every bit of eye candy maxed out, my temperatures got as high as 80C.

70c scare me...i wont say about 80....how much can the CPU support without being damage ?

SUKARA
Level 10
How many temperatures standby testing under the bios manual?

where can i find that ? and how come the temperature of the CPU would be in the manual of the motherboard ?

Chino
Level 15
If I'm not mistaken, the Tjunction Max of the i7 3770k is at 105C. What that basically means is that at that temperature your CPU will either start throttling itself down or shutdown to protect itself. Technically speaking any temperature under 105C is safe but it's recommended to keep them as low as possible. If I had to give you a number, I'd say keep them under 75C. So if 70C scares you, you should definately invest in a better aftermarket heatsink.

And what Sukara was referring to is the Temperature Monitor in the BIOS. You can check the temperatures there too.

yea i know about the heat sink, thats why i'm getting a H110, but that thing is nowhere to be found !!!! dealer had them 2 week ago, and now it just vanish

Grymmie
Level 8
I'm running a H100 on a 4.6 Ghz I7-3770k. Temps run in the high 50's low 60's on most high end video games. Idol at around 29 to 30c. My recommendation is to scrap the thermal paste that is included on the H100 and buy a better paste from a secondary vendor, like Arctic Silver.

Regards.
Asus MVE @1707, IRST 12.5, MEI @ 8.01, w/Intel i7-3770K@4.60 Ghz @ 1.275 with .050 - offset, on Corsair H100, w/(4) Corsair XMS 2000 @ 2000 9-10-9-27-51 @1.65, (2) Crucial C300 128 GBs running in RAID 0 as primary drive, with 3 Terabytes of Data Drives. (1) Powercoler 7870 MYST stock.