cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Battlefield 4 Discussion

Mankz
Level 10
Yup.. End Game isn't a week old, but the BF4 stuff is coming!

There is a press event on the 26th of March, but we've got teasers already:

What do you want to see in BF4?

Personally, I'd like the class system and revives sorted.. For example, if you are killed by a headshot, you cannot be revived, and when you are revived, you start at 20%, and then go up to 50%... not the 100% we get now..

I'd also like to see an extra class, Combat Medic... this class would get medpacks and defib paddles, but only an SMG/PDW and shot gun.. they'd have less armor and more sprint.. the assult class could then lose the medic abilities, and carry a noobtube/M320 and something like flash bangs.
29 REPLIES 29

kkn
Level 14
Id say less COD and more old BF.
they have too mutch of the COD in it in a way i think.
they have been nefring things like a pro.

PlaneName
Level 10
Yeah I didn't have the good feeling like I did with BF2. Hopefully they bring that great feeling again.
Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00
Been building PC's for 8 Years! 😉

Mankz
Level 10
I'd love a mix of BF2 and BC2.. BC2 had the fun aspect nailed, while BF2 had the commander and strategic aspect dialed in perfectly too..

Oh, and bring back Road to Jalalabad.

mrwolf
Level 10
Yea i do hope they rejuvinate the BF2 formula.. At the moment tho i have been playing ALOT of planetside2 and really am enjoying it when you have 48+ platoons working together as a group.. Thats like a whole team in a bf3 match lol epic..

But would be really nice if the bring back battlefield to how it used to be before.. was quite dissapointed with bf3 to be honest, they really COD'ed it out lol 😕

Thats one thing i really like about planetside 2 devs.. They really dont care about attracting the COD crowd to their game and this gives them so much more flexibility in terms of gameplay + design overall 🙂

mrwolf wrote:
But would be really nice if the bring back battlefield to how it used to be before.. was quite dissapointed with bf3 to be honest, they really COD'ed it out lol 😕

From a business/marking side they had to im afraid...

COD is the new benchmark for getting casual gamers in, so BF3 has to offer them something similar, yet different..
Remember, BF2 was around when COD1 was.. and back then it was an uterlly different game.
Now the BF name and formula is known and has its market share, they can perhaps try and differentiate themselves a little more.

I'm sure as much as the Dev team wanted to do a certain thing, corporate always has to remember shareholders etc.

Mankz wrote:
From a business/marking side they had to im afraid...

Well, no.

You don't get anywhere by copying your competitor then changing a few things. People like CoD because they like CoD. They aren't going to magically decide to play an almost identical game instead.

BF3 gameplay was terrible, they should try and move things forward instead of moving laterally towards CoD...

They should concentrate on making good games instead of games that people already are buying.

sectionate
Level 12
Remove teh flashlight and maybe i'll play more then 2 hours when they start alpha testing. Remove 3rd party hosting and let the users have control over it. Don't make this a console port,whoops
Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

theloserracer
Level 7
awesome... Hope it come soon with insane graphics
i7 3930K + ROG X79 Maximus Formula + 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 + Corsair H100i + Corsair AX750 + Corsair 600T White + Corsair SP120 White fans + EVGA GTX690

Mankz
Level 10
Rumblings that it'll be three faction, including the Chinese.. Settings in the far east, and have ending videos a la BC2.

Also talk to bringing back the Commander from BF2... I'd love to see 128 player servers on PC too.