cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My games run slow but i have a good pc

volasher
Level 7
Most of the games I want to play start to run slow, I check if i can run them in the "can you run it" page and most of the times im in recommended, I have tried with Darksiders 2, Saints row 3 and many more. Here are my PC specs.

Asus CM6870
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz
12GB ram
2 TB harddisk
NVIDIA Geforce GT 620
Windows 7 Ultimate

First I thought i had a hardware problem so I format My pc but it didnt work, if someone has a solution for this I would be very pleased
9 REPLIES 9

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
One thing that has me thinking is 12GB RAM On a dual channel board?....is that 2 kits? one and a half kits?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
One thing that has me thinking is 12GB RAM On a dual channel board?....is that 2 kits? one and a half kits?
It is on dual channel

WeRNothiNg
Level 10
I have seen odd size ram kits in the past. but if it is 2 odd sized kits then that would be a start. I agree you should be able to run all of those without issues. I need more info. Powersaving(bios and windows), nvidia control panel settings, have you done anything to optimize windows(startup options, windows features, ect), have you tried disabling Aero, how many background programs and services are you running, did you check task manager to see if a program is robbing you of resources?
**i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz~ Cooler Master V8 ~ Asus Maximus V Formula ~ G Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB DDR3-1600 ~ Thermaltake Black Widow 850W 80+ Bronze ~ Kingston HyperX 3K 120G SSD ~ 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB
~ WD 500GB ~ 2x ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti TOP 2GB ~ Philips 1080p 39"**

[IMG][/IMG]

WeRNothiNg wrote:
I have seen odd size ram kits in the past. but if it is 2 odd sized kits then that would be a start. I agree you should be able to run all of those without issues. I need more info. Powersaving(bios and windows), nvidia control panel settings, have you done anything to optimize windows(startup options, windows features, ect), have you tried disabling Aero, how many background programs and services are you running, did you check task manager to see if a program is robbing you of resources?
I have my powersaving settings in optimized, I havent done anything to optimize windows, I dont know whats Aero and i dont have many background pograms running and in my task manager there is nothing odd, sorry i dont know a lot about computers

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes, sorry, I know it's dual channel I just wondered about the amount of RAM....12GB is not a normal dual channel number so I was wondering if the computer came that way or if you have installed extra RAM at some point. How many RAM slots do you have and how many are filled etc.

Have you got the latest driver for your graphics card from Nvidia?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Yes, sorry, I know it's dual channel I just wondered about the amount of RAM....12GB is not a normal dual channel number so I was wondering if the computer came that way or if you have installed extra RAM at some point. How many RAM slots do you have and how many are filled etc.

Have you got the latest driver for your graphics card from Nvidia?

The PC camed that way, I havent add anything and i had the latest nvidia drivers

Radiant_mind
Level 9
Define "slow", a gtx 620 isn't exactly mind blowing. We need way more specifics..

What resolution are playing at?
What settings are you running the games?
What framerates are you getting?

Is the 2TB drive a 5400RPM platter?
Are you positive you're running x64 (64 bit) windows)?
Have you downloaded the latest drivers for the gpu?
i7-3820 @ 5.0Ghz - RIVF - 32GB Kingston @1866 - Gigabyte Radeon 7970 x2 - Cosair Force GT 240GB x2 (RAID 0) - WD 2TB 7200 (RAID 1)

Radiant mind wrote:
Define "slow", a gtx 620 isn't exactly mind blowing. We need way more specifics..

What resolution are playing at?
What settings are you running the games?
What framerates are you getting?

Is the 2TB drive a 5400RPM platter?
Are you positive you're running x64 (64 bit) windows)?
Have you downloaded the latest drivers for the gpu?

Im running the games in normal settings i havent changed anything, im getting about 20 fp, im running in windows 64 bits and i have the latest drivers

WeRNothiNg
Level 10
Try going into the nvidia control panel and turning the pre rendered frames to 1, you could also play around with vsync. That seems to be my problem more often than not.
**i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz~ Cooler Master V8 ~ Asus Maximus V Formula ~ G Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB DDR3-1600 ~ Thermaltake Black Widow 850W 80+ Bronze ~ Kingston HyperX 3K 120G SSD ~ 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB
~ WD 500GB ~ 2x ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti TOP 2GB ~ Philips 1080p 39"**

[IMG][/IMG]