cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia driver issue

Retired
Not applicable
Hi,

I am on a fresh install of Win7 64-bit. I have the latest firmware on my SSD and no issues booting intp Windows or Windows safe mode until I try to load nvidia drivers.....

I have installed only the latest intel chipset drivers and lan drivers, the MEI and I'm on BIOS 1409.

I have an Asus Xonar Xense soundcard on the first pci slot, Bigfoot 2100 network card on the 2nd pci slot (1st red one) and then my eVGA GTX580 3GB on the 3rd slot (1st NF200 x16 slot).

I am however encountering errors trying to use the nvidia driver with Windows now.

With the latest driver 275.33 I get the black screen of death after the windows loading logo.
I also get this with the cd-included driver 266.58.
The most stable driver for this card (from reading evga forums and others) 270.61 gives me a BSOD - nvlddmkm.sys.

(Of course I am only installing the driver and physx software, no 3d or HD audio. And each time I tried a different driver I uninstalled and used driver sweeper in safe mode before installing the other driver etc).

I have tried reseating my gtx card and I have tried clearing my cmos.
I'm running optimised defaults in bios 1409 with hd audio, marvel & jmicron controllers switched off.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as Im getting a bit fed up!

Below a picture of mysetup for what its worth:

10 REPLIES 10

Kipper
Level 10
swap the sound and GPU cards; put the gpu in the first PCIe slot. Give this a try.

You might want to download the latest Nvidia beta driver 275.55 I think it is. I am running it and its stable.

As Kipper said and as the M4E manual states using slot 1(1st red pci) and slot 4(3rd red pci) is best for SLI. I also believe there have been tests ran using slot 1 and 4 which is 8x versus using 16x slots and the NFS200 and the 8x had slightly better performance.

Retired
Not applicable
Ok I will try this again today however I had issues with Windows recognising the cards when I had the gtx in slot 1 before....will report back

Retired
Not applicable
So now I have the GTX580 in slot 1. with the accelero xtreme cooler on it it takes up 3 slots so I have the soundcard in the second last and the network card in the last slot. (Neither of these other cards have drivers installed for them in windows yet anyway).

So with driver 270.61 driver I still get the bluescreen. The beta driver 275.50 gives me a black screen after windows logo also.

I have sinced flashed the bios back to 1303 from 1409 to see if that will work, installed 270.61 and I still get the bsod 😞

Any ideas guys?

Kipper
Level 10
Do you by chance have another Nvidia card you could try. Or another system you can try this card in just to see if it is a card problem.

Retired
Not applicable
I was running my old evga gtx260 card for 2 weeks while I was waiting for the 580 to arrive. It worked fine except for dx10/dx11

Kipper
Level 10
Yea, then I would suspect that the issue is with the card and not the board or the drivers

Fr0stX
Level 7
Did you install the SATA III SSD at same time you install the 580?
I7-10700K @5.0Ghz
Asus Maximus Formula XII
32Gb Gskill Royal-Z @3600Mhz
Asus Strix RTX3090
Corsair HX850i

Retired
Not applicable
No. It went in before. I updated the firmware to 2.09 and it was stable...as it was giving me a lot of bsods before that. So it is fine now and I'm on a fresh install of Win7 now with just intel chipset drivers and lan drivers installed....and can't get the 580 running.... if I have to rma it I'll have to undo the accelero mod 😞 won't be doing a mod again like this until I have a stable and tested system!