cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver Question - Sabertooth Z77 Owner

a7omic
Level 7
The Asus support site, for the Sabertooth Z77 mobo, lists a handful of drivers that are also available on Intel's download center. Also, the majority of the drivers on Intel's website are newer versions.

Do I gain anything by using the newer versions available from Intel, or should I just stick to the ones from Asus? Any information you can provide on this subject is greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

saipan
Level 8
I would use the asus site drivers. although I have not used any new ones since my build last year
| CM HAF X | i5 3750k | EVGA 770 ACX | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 MB | OCZ Vertex 4 120GB |
| WD 1TB Sata3 Caviar Black | Antec HC 850 | Creative Recon 3D
|Creative G500 5.1 | Razer Abyssus

HiVizMan
Level 40
If your system does all that you want it to do, then I am not sure why you need to update anything. But as it is your system 🙂

There are two sets of drivers that I am happy with using from the source. Graphic drivers and Intel drivers. You can download and install with confidence.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks for the replies so far.

I do have one more question. After installing the Intel Management Engine from Asus Support website, windows update in Windows 8 tells me there is a new version of this driver available. This update is listed as important. Should I install it, or just continue to use the Asus version?

HiVizMan
Level 40
That is pretty much up to you. But since it is an Intel driver you can update via OS Auto update.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.