cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing in MVG and Windows 8 after gaming

kageon1
Level 7
Hello there,
I seem to be having an issue after loading any game (Diablo 3, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Tomb Raider etc), the freezing doesn't always occur when I load a game the first time, but it happens randomly on any game I start playing. When I close a game, the freezing still persists. When I check the task manager I can see the processor spiking up, however when I look at the processes tab there doesn't seem to be a process that is showing 100% usage.

The problem only goes away if I restart the computer. I have tried resetting the CMOS, the only thing I haven't done is reformat the OS. I wanted to wait for Windows 8.1 to come out before I reformat.

I can't quite figure out what the problem is, anyone that would mind chiming in would be appreciated.

Specs:
Intel Core i5 3570k (stock) / Corsair H60
Maximus V Gene (1802)
Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 8GB 1866MHz
Corsair AX650 PSU
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC (326.01)
Corsair Force GT 180GB SSD
Windows 8 Pro
2 REPLIES 2

HiVizMan
Level 40
Have a look in your event viewer to see what is causing the issue.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Civililan
Level 7
I have the same issue with my new Asus gtx760. I don't even have to be playing for the system to freeze, no bsod, just a black screen. I have a Maximus V Formula. This never happened with my evga 570, so I think it's something to do between the mobo and the 7 series. The event viewer doesn't give anything relevant as it's not a bsod, just random warnings before the critical error. Google finds nothing. I'm most likely gonna return this card for something different.