cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please recommend suitable backpack/shoulder bag for G750 notebooks

Anvirol
Level 7
I bought a HP 17.3" HP Business Nylon Backpack and my G750JX notebook won't fit without removing the bottom foam layer... Has anyone found a backpack or a shoulder bag suitable for this notebook?
i7-7700k @ 5GHz | Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero | 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4133 MHz | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 OC 11 Gbps | ASUS MG279Q | Intel 256GB 600p NVMe | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
17 REPLIES 17

EpIcSnIpErZ23
Level 8
When i was down in texas, i bought the Asus W90 Backpack. It is great!

Desktop: [CPU: i5-4670k] [GPU: R9 290x] [RAM: 8GB] [HDD: 3x 1tb Raid 0] [MOBO: MSI Z87 M-Power]

Asus G750JW-DB71
CPU: Intel Core i7-4700HQ
GPU: Nvidia GTX 765m [GPU CLOCK: 997MHZ] [MEMORY CLOCK: 6 GHZ]
RAM: 12GB
HDD: 1x 1TB HDD
SSD: 1x 64GB SSD
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055414700/
Origin ID: DriftingSloth

roryh86
Level 7
I got this Case Logic VNC-218 for like a cheap $22, and it really is a great bag especially for the price. It's designed for 18" laptops but the Asus fits comfortably and securely in it, and has loads of space for charger and a lot of other stuff. It's not too big and very nice quality. Again, awesome price.

My G750JX came bundled with an ASUS ROG G73 Backpack. Does the job well if you only want to carry the laptop + power adapter + mouse.

It does get a bit messy in you start adding a lot of additional item's (headset, hdmi cables, external storage, game controllers, mobile charger, etc.) because of the lack of additional individual compartments other backpacks have,

roryh86 wrote:
I got this Case Logic VNC-218 for like a cheap $22, and it really is a great bag especially for the price. It's designed for 18" laptops but the Asus fits comfortably and securely in it, and has loads of space for charger and a lot of other stuff. It's not too big and very nice quality. Again, awesome price.

Thanks! I think I'll go with that one. ASUS backpacks are a bit too expensive.

If anyone has more suggestions, post some alternatives for other users 🙂

Update: Meh.. It seems that bag doesn't have padding at the bottom?
i7-7700k @ 5GHz | Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero | 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4133 MHz | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 OC 11 Gbps | ASUS MG279Q | Intel 256GB 600p NVMe | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Anvirol, you get what you pay for, and with a heavy laptop the shoulder strap / foam / stitches are the first to go.

As you found, the cheaper backpacks don't have much if any padding - you could get a slipcase / sleeve with padding to put around the laptop to help with the padding, but the shape of the G750 doesn't make it likely you will find one that fits.

I went through several backpacks when I had my Asus W90Vp-X1 18" laptop, and the only backpack I found that it fit, provided drop protection, and had room to carry other stuff was the Oakley Kitchen Sink backpack. At the time it cost $300, now it is down to $200 (yeah, I know, real money), but it is still in like new shape after 3 years + usage (I use other laptops/bags as well).

There are now many finishes and colors, and a "dress" version for $250. The default color is Stealth Gray for this link, but I have the original Black/Red/Silver theme (Black):
http://www.oakley.com/products/kitchen-sink-backpack/92060-013

The Designer / Dress bag looks like it is covered in soft leather, not sure about durability, but it is Oakley so it is probably fine:
http://www.oakley.com/products/designer-bathroom-sink-backpack/92523-001

Oakley has a lot of laptop bags:
http://www.oakley.com/store/products/men/bags-and-packs/computer

Some bags might fit the G750, but when I went in to the Oakley store with the W90 the Kitchen Sink was the only one that worked - also - the W90/G750 didn't/doesn't fit in the laptop fitted area - the laptops fit in the larger area in front of the laptop area - I put my Macbook 17" in the laptop fitted area and the W90 in front of it.

The Power Supply/cables fit in the 2 hip zippered pouches, and all the other stuff fits in the top and 2 front areas. It is a bit over engineered - in that you have to release 2 latches to get to hidden areas, but you get used to it. There are internal zippered areas for small items, cables, pens, etc. There is a top zippered hardshell area where I keep my sunglasses and other stuff I need quick access to.

Very happy with the KItchen Sink backpack, and even though it isn't inexpensive, it is still going strong, and not showing any damage after ~4-5 years.

Anvirol wrote:
Thanks! I think I'll go with that one. ASUS backpacks are a bit too expensive.

If anyone has more suggestions, post some alternatives for other users 🙂

Update: Meh.. It seems that bag doesn't have padding at the bottom?

I sure as hell am not gonna pay $300 for a bag hahahah that goes for the earlier post. I dunno why it sounds like you guys need to take this thing off road, but I find the bag very convenient, I never noticed a lack of padding and it's been great so far back and forth to work daily. I guess some people are more rough than others and may require heavy duty bags, but if you're worried about the Asus needing a stronger bag, this bag is designed for 18.4" laptops anyway so it's ready to take the weight in my opinion. I obviously haven't tried dropping it from a height, but I'm not sure how much difference dropping a laptop in any bag would make. It has enough positive reviews to back it up. Here's a pic of it in the bag so you can judge for yourself, hope it helps.

There is a thread around here about the Everki bags. It wasn't about this laptop in particular (G75), but they should fit these computers, and they are well made, from all I hear. Just a thought. I have a $45 Wenger backpack that is rated to hold 17" laptops, though I doubt that it would hold the G750 (my G53SX barely fits).
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Hi Anvirol,

I've got this one:http://www.legitreviews.com/article/523/
Swiss Gear Pegasus Laptop Backpack by Wenger. It's a solid backpack and holds enough room to carry axtra stuff.

Anvirol
Level 7
Thanks guys. I'm sure this thread will be useful to others as well 🙂

I checked out the Wenger Pegasus & Ibex backpacks and those support up to 17" / 43 cm notebooks, but it seems a little tight?
I'm a little skeptical after buying that HP Backpack, which is rated to hold up to 43.9cm (17.283in), but it turned out to be true only after removing the padding.

@kor77 does your laptop fit easily or did you have same issues as legitreviews with that Dell Inspiron 9400 ?

@ Zygomorphic
I'll take a look at the Everki thread. Backpacks that can hold G74 should work for this one too 🙂