cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pcie x8 ?

ted_west
Level 7
Hi all
just had a quick question. I'm rebuilding my pc that I had put together in a pc shop, an noticed that my graphics card is in the pcie x8 slot rather than the pcie x16 slot. is there any reason for this. ? its a asus 660 ti oc on a rampage iv extreme. i
would appreciate any advise.
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
No idea why it would be in the PCi 8x slot.

Quick question - how are you determining what slot it is in, I am assuming you are using the manual to make this call?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I noticed it on the board first, as its printed on it. so I checked the manual and it says slot 2 is pcie 3.0x8_2A. can I just plug it in slot 1 ?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I noticed that on this pic but since you had other troubles... http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34345-technical-help-please&p=278673&viewfull=1#post278673 ..J

Yes, you can just move it up to the first slot....that is the recommended one! This "PC shop" is not going to be open long....

HiVizMan
Level 40
Move the card.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ted_west
Level 7
Thanks guys, I'm very new to pc building so I thought I'd check just in case there was a reason for it.

HiVizMan
Level 40
All good buddy ask first and prevent any tears is a good motto.