cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room to Run the ASUS MATRIX GTX580 in SLI on ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z

Retired
Not applicable
I am in the middle of picking out hardware for my new gaming Rig I do plan to run three 3D monitors
I do apologies if I missed something in the Forums however; I have searched the web for a definitive answer and have come up short.
I have read the specs on Asus web page and cannot tell if there is room to run two ASUS MATRIX GTX580 in SLI on ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z. I know that it has enough slots and that the cards can run in SLI however, will there be enough room for both cards to get air and not overheat?
Any help would be appreciated
4 REPLIES 4

Area_66
Level 11
that's an interesting question, you suppose to use the 2 slot I circle in white in dual SLI, but if you do so the back plate of the second GTX 580 will block the fan of the first GPU, the only way will be to use the slot in yellow for the second GPU , but I'm not sure of the speed of this one, they said x16 with the nf200 chip, someone have to confirm, Now doing so will make the card overhang the motherboard edge, so you will need a 8 slot case to hold it, and you may have problem with the connector under the GPU

Retired
Not applicable
Tahnks for you input Markedone
I came to the same conclusion that you have.
Has anyone else had expirnece with the GPU's together or perhaps this wouuld be better placed in the the GPU forum, as they may have ran across this issue with the Matrix 580 on another system board.

Retired
Not applicable
i have the maximus 4 and matrix's in sli and my system gets really hot. i would consider another card for sli if i were to purchase again. i am really happy with my setup execpt for the heat

Janko
Level 7
I have been curious about this for a month.