cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G750JW BSOD Issues

Keeley
Level 7
Hello Asus forums,

Recently I received my G750JW from GenetechPC ( I added a Blu ray writer and 32GB of RAM ) while on my vacation to New York.
At first when I used it, nothing was wrong. I let Windows update everything and that's when it started to run downhill. Seemingly at random, my G750JW BSODs saying there is an "UNCORRECTABLE_HARDWARE_ERROR". I'm not sure what this means. It was a point that it was nearly impossible to even hit the metro start.

So, after I followed a *********** to install a clean Windows 7 onto my machine to see if the problem persists. Before I installed the 756M's drivers, everything was fine. The moment I did though, it started acting up again. Coincidence maybe? After completely updating everything ( besides the BIOS ( I'm on 206 ATM ) ), I believe this occurrence happens maybe one every two hours with seemly no trigger.

I'm home in Canada and was wondering if you guys could help me solve this?
11 REPLIES 11

StereoROG
Level 7
You added the RAM?

Keeley
Level 7
Oh sorry I wasn't clear, GenetechPC added it for me.

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think when you get laptop, the dimm already add in and use np, right, it just update windows then start occur bsod, so is it possible to resotre OS back?

StereoROG
Level 7
Coz the g750 series require a different type of RAM thats why i asked , so if they have done it so it should be ok.

So i think its an OS issue, just Factory restore it and be careful of the update and once you do that remove the apps that comes with it which most of them are useless.

let us know what happens.

Thanks

Hey,

I reverted back to Windows 8 and everything seems to be fine at the moment. Thanks for suggesting that, it never occurred to me since I had problems in windows 8 from the beginning. I'll keep you posted.

Never mind haha. It BSOD immediately after i sent this

StereoROG
Level 7
Did you call Gentech ?

It will be meaningless to give you other suggestions without a hands on. i just have a feeling they have put the wrong kind of RAMs do have CPU-Z to check them.

Other than that it would be just some speculations. 😞

Keeley
Level 7
Yeah, I guess I should call Gentech, but since I'm home in Canada... I doubt I can do much. If i send it back to ASUS, would they give me back my RAM & Blu ray player?

Pics: #1 & #2 of my RAM. Looks fine?

cosmicmango
Level 10
You may have a defective memory stick, try running Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool.

Here's a link to show how to run it in Windows 8.

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/6cde20/start-memory-diagnostic-tool-in-windows-8/
G752VY-DH72