cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement cable for Vulcan PRO

SinisterGehe
Level 7
Anyone? I paid 90€ for these amazing things. Well I paid ~350 because I needed 3 sets so I have 3 of them.
But anyway, on one of the sets the cable has worn itself from really close to the I-plug at the headset causing it to break the sound if touched a bit. It has temporary fix of fiberglass on it.

But I am just curious; Instead of shelling out another 90+ euros for quality headset.

Is there a way to get official replacement cable? Because I really like these.

I been trying to go wireless but the supplier my workplace has a deal with for Asus items has not got them and they are the main importers. Haven't got their mitts to them yet.

So meanwhile? Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

SinisterGehe
Level 7
Is it that no one uses the official forums or no one cares? Because I got some buzz on other forums that lead to nothing since we cant get anything official.

I have the same issue in the UK. What I suspect to be faulty cable on Vulcan ANC headphones which are 20 months old.

ASUS do not give customers the opportunity purchase spare cables.

This is the official response I was given:

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is Carol and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

For the problem, I am afraid to tell you that local said retailer needs to support the customer. Local has provided a link you can read up on about sales of goods act 1979. Which explains the retailer is responsible by law to support the customer, as they hold a legal contract with them. The retailer should not be rejecting customers. Local will only support customers where their place of purchase is no longer trading.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act/

I bought them from Amazon, what the hell are Amazon going to be able to tell me?

Really, really shocking performance by ASUS. I've bought two motherboards, a graphics card and now these headphones from ASUS. Until now I've had no complaints. However, there's absolutely no way I will buy anything from them again if this is how they support their customers.

I have a BOSE bluetooth speaker that is phenomenal. I think that's where I'll get my next set of headphones.

Goodbye ASUS, and thanks not very much.