cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Performance when booting from sleep mode

Health_bar
Level 7
Ok, so this is the second g750 that when I put it to sleep then wake it up, it runs terrible and games run at about 15fps.
this is not malware or overheating, this computer is less than a day old and yes i have the latest drivers.
from what i could gather its this http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2013/4/5/intel-confirms-haswell-chipset-bug.aspx

Please tell me someone knows how to
1) get the computer running again
2) fix this so sleep mode doesn't brick my $1300 computer

I've seen other threads reporting this issue, but i haven't seen anyone actually solve this problem.
this thread seemed to have some luck http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/1272-73-windows-immediately-restarts-sleep-shutdown but im not sure I replicated their steps correctly as it's still running slowly.

Thanks for any help, I do not want to have to buy another laptop.
3 REPLIES 3

unclewebb
Level 10
Check your messages. ThrottleStop 6.00 might help you fix this problem. 🙂

Did this ever get resolved? I have a 750 jw doing this as well and can't figure it out

alone_in_the _dark wrote:
Did this ever get resolved? I have a 750 jw doing this as well and can't figure it out

alone_in_the_dark, if you reboot, does the speed improve?

Which Nvidia video driver are you using?

Is the performance down for game that was open when you slept the G750, or all things?

Do CPU benchmarks come out ok, but GPU performance drops, or both? Or is it just programs that were open when you slept?

Which games / apps have you noticed the problem?

If you exit the now slow game/app and re-run it, without rebooting, does the new instance of the game run ok?

How about other games, can you start another game after exiting the slow performing game and does that new game run ok (without rebooting)?

You will want to determine if it is the OS or the application/game that is having problems with sleep mode. And, it if is just the Nvidia driver, or something else having trouble coming back from sleep mode.

Due to the speed at which the G750 boots, especially with SSD boot drive, I don't bother sleeping / hibernating, and turn off all that stuff, getting back a good amount of my SSD boot drive space - I also disable the pagefile saving even more space - 32GB hiberfil.sys and 32GB pagefile = 64GB.

It is rare that I sleep the G750, but so far I haven't noticed a problem after coming back out of sleep. Generally I don't come across situations that I need to have my open application mix saved between sessions.

Are you sleeping to save your location in a game? Or?