cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got this laptop

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Got a great deal and got very lucky and got the G750JW and saved 350 bucks... so is there anything I need to know and look out for? Stuff I should download or uninstall? Thanks 🙂
Also, I just unplugged it from battery and it's running much slower, how to I stop this from happening? And how can I prolong the life of the battery as well? Thanks
Edit: I only see it running at 0.77 ghz on battery, no faster...
22 REPLIES 22

Slavisha
Level 10
Hi,
Check if you need to update BIOS or Drivers. There is an issue with Splendid utility for your machine ( our machine, i have same model). Bios 207 version should fix some Power4gear issues however will not increase your processor speed over .77 without being plugged in.
Apparently we all have same issue. Some of guys speculating that power of GPU drives that but im not sure.
Below you can find the post with all about it.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35062-Processor-stuck-at-.77Ghz&country=&status=

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Wow so basically I'm screwed and can't even run the simplest game Runescape on battery power?

So i guess you cant play the games on battery mode. I just tried Call Of Duty and didnt work well. 😞

Slavisha
Level 10
Now when you said that i am going to test something very quick. On the post i sent earlier some of the members were saying that the even on battery if the game or process require more power from processor or GPU these will increase otherwise wills stay on minimum. I just installed call of duty and will test in few minute and will let you know.

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Wow, that's ridiculous though my old 2nd gen i7 with a gt 540 dell laptop could run runescape on battery power...

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
And how do you check if you need the update for the bios or download it?

Slavisha
Level 10
Restart your computer,keep pressing esc key untill you enter in BIOS. The version should be at the firs page. You probably have 206. Then go to the asus support and driver page fir your model and check avaliable BIOS.
Have you ever flash the BIOS before? Be careful with this and let me know if you need help.

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
No I havn't done that before, but so far no one has solved the .77ghz issue?

Psycho Mantis wrote:
No I havn't done that before, but so far no one has solved the .77ghz issue?

Try this and let us know if this problem is solved or not.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35062-Processor-stuck-at-.77Ghz&p=292893&viewfull=1#post292...