cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stange noise issue

teh_tintin
Level 7
Hello, i bought a G750 JW but i have an annoying issue with a strange noise. When i use headphones i can hear a noise (like waterfall noise) and it's really annoying you can trust me... ^^ I already tried to upgrade Realtek drivers.. Did anyone solve that problem ?

ps: am i the only one to find that HDD make a lot of noise ? (2*750G 7200RPM)
18 REPLIES 18

YesNoYes-
Level 8
Yeah everyone has the same issue with headphone noise, yet nobody seems to be outraged this hasn't been fixed. I heard of other models with the same problem since 2010/2011 that still have this problem TODAY and ASUS has done ZERO to fix it!
Why are we paying a fortune for these "high end" laptops while ASUS completely ignores the most basic of problems that probably require one of their programmers 5 mins to solve or make Realtek solve.
How can we tolerate this?! Can't a mass complaint be filed against ASUS to demand they fix these issues? I think with the amount of money they ask for their laptops they can bloody well update their drivers correctly.

The_Thing
Level 8
OP, regarding the "waterfall noise", I solved mine by uninstalling the audio codecs and just let it like it is...dunno what's happening but it stopped. And regarding the HDD noise, you ain't alone...my HDD makes a lot of noise...you know...clicking. Yeh, I know it's dying but I don't care, I can replace it as long as it's on warranty.

zalbard
Level 8
HDD noise is perfectly normal. You should get an SSD.

bootyroast
Level 9
What I've noticed is that with the drivers v6909 cause the hiss and when uninstalling them everything works perfectly fine.
Also with the drivers installed, I was not able to control the volume in any way possible and through all the possible places where the volume can be adjusted when headphones/ear buds are plugged in (works perfectly fine when it's running on the built in speakers though and volume can be adjusted normally)
So this is definitely something to do with the drivers and we just need to sit back and wait for the proper drivers to be released.

teh_tintin
Level 7
But when i uninstall Realtek i have no sound..

EpIcSnIpErZ23
Level 8
HDD noise is not perfectly normal...I have 2x 1TB Hdd's. No noise at all.
Desktop: [CPU: i5-4670k] [GPU: R9 290x] [RAM: 8GB] [HDD: 3x 1tb Raid 0] [MOBO: MSI Z87 M-Power]

Asus G750JW-DB71
CPU: Intel Core i7-4700HQ
GPU: Nvidia GTX 765m [GPU CLOCK: 997MHZ] [MEMORY CLOCK: 6 GHZ]
RAM: 12GB
HDD: 1x 1TB HDD
SSD: 1x 64GB SSD
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055414700/
Origin ID: DriftingSloth

EpIcSnIpErZ23 wrote:
HDD noise is not perfectly normal...I have 2x 1TB Hdd's. No noise at all.

Different people have different hearing.
I am yet to come across a single HDD I cannot hear in my life, and I select them very carefully and take special measures to reduce the noise.

zalbard wrote:
Different people have different hearing.
I am yet to come across a single HDD I cannot hear in my life, and I select them very carefully and take special measures to reduce the noise.

Oh lol, i am close to deaf even though im only 15. Loud Music i guess 😛
Desktop: [CPU: i5-4670k] [GPU: R9 290x] [RAM: 8GB] [HDD: 3x 1tb Raid 0] [MOBO: MSI Z87 M-Power]

Asus G750JW-DB71
CPU: Intel Core i7-4700HQ
GPU: Nvidia GTX 765m [GPU CLOCK: 997MHZ] [MEMORY CLOCK: 6 GHZ]
RAM: 12GB
HDD: 1x 1TB HDD
SSD: 1x 64GB SSD
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055414700/
Origin ID: DriftingSloth

teh_tintin
Level 7
I guess i'll have to buy an ssd to solve that thing but i still have that strange noise with headphones..