cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Registration

differential
Level 7
Hey all, does anyone know how to stop this annoying Asus registration from poping up every start up?
i have allready registered my hardware but it wont leave me alone :mad:, i delete from my desktop but i keeps harassing me,thanks
-Diff
9 REPLIES 9

HiVizMan
Level 40
You can remove it from your start up menu, or physically remove the exe file from the ASUS folder.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

On my computer the program doesn't reside on the start up menu, not even on msconfig.

differential
Level 7
great man thanks,easy as that haha

Zka17
Level 16
hecsys, HiVizMan mentioned the Asus folder... look in the root/C; or Program Files...

And welcome to the Forum! 🙂

VIdeo_Flyer
Level 7
In order for the product registration programs to not only run at boot-up (It doesn't run right at boot up actually), as well as harassing you after boot-up, ASUS set up a task in the "Task Scheduler". To remove it, just follow the directions below:

1. Click the Start button.
2. Click Control Panel .
3. Click "System and Maintenance" or "System and Security".
4. Click "Administrative Tools" .
5. Double-click "Task Scheduler" .
6. Click the small box with the "+" next to the "Task Scheduler Library (This will expand that folder, and "ASUS" will be listed below. ).
7. Click on "ASUS" folder.
8. In the center section of the window click to select "ASUS Product Register Service".
9. In the lower right of the window, find "X Delete" (it will be below a blue bar labeled "Selected Item"), and click it.
10. A dialog box will appear "Do you want to delete this task?", press the "Yes" button.
11. Again, click on "ASUS" folder.
12. Find the "X Delete Folder" under the blue bar with "ASUS" in it, and click it.
13. Again, you will be asked "Do you want to delete this task?", press the "Yes" button.
14. Close the "Task Scheduler"

VIdeo.Flyer wrote:
In order for the product registration programs to not only run at boot-up (It doesn't run right at boot up actually), as well as harassing you after boot-up, ASUS set up a task in the "Task Scheduler". To remove it, just follow the directions below:

1. Click the Start button.
2. Click Control Panel .
3. Click "System and Maintenance" or "System and Security".
4. Click "Administrative Tools" .
5. Double-click "Task Scheduler" .
6. Click the small box with the "+" next to the "Task Scheduler Library (This will expand that folder, and "ASUS" will be listed below. ).
7. Click on "ASUS" folder.
8. In the center section of the window click to select "ASUS Product Register Service".
9. In the lower right of the window, find "X Delete" (it will be below a blue bar labeled "Selected Item"), and click it.
10. A dialog box will appear "Do you want to delete this task?", press the "Yes" button.
11. Again, click on "ASUS" folder.
12. Find the "X Delete Folder" under the blue bar with "ASUS" in it, and click it.
13. Again, you will be asked "Do you want to delete this task?", press the "Yes" button.
14. Close the "Task Scheduler"

Awesome fix. Thank you!!

dystopiaUSA
Level 7
Could not login to my account...had to re-register. VERY annoying!

X-ROG
Level 15
Not even a password reset?

Thanks Video.Flyer! That worked great!:cool: