cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What temperature is too high?

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Hey guys, for the first time owning my laptop today it just got super hot. I had to unplug it and put it on power saving mode because I was afraid it was too hot. So I just downloaded real temp, it says the max is 49C which is 120 F (I'm in US), and that seems too high, no?
So I'm wondering if this is normal or should I be worried, and when should I be afraid of the temperature being too high.
THank you
9 REPLIES 9

Masterbobo
Level 7
sounds like its in perfect operating temp, your talking about your cpu temp right? then again i don't really know about laptops LOL
Rampage IV Extreme
55" Samsung 3D LED 1080p
19" NEC side monitor
4930k @ 3.9ghz (h100i)
Dominator GT 2133mhz 16gb
2xDomiatorGT RAM cooling fans
OCZ Vertex 4 RAID0 2x256gb
Silent Pro GOLD 1200
3xGTX 770's 4GB Windforce TRI-SLI
Sound Blaster Zx
Logitech Z5500 digital 5.1
2xLG 3D Blu ray burners
Silverstone Multi USB3 card reader
2x4terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drives
1x1terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drive
10 Antec tri cool 120mm fans
Razor Deathadder mouse
Corsair 600t
Win7-64bit

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Wow, it felt extremely hot though. And i'm not sure what it was, i just felt the bottom.

TekNiko
Level 8
The CPU temp looks super cool. Check your GPU temps too though 🙂

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Does it still count even if it's plugged in all the time? Can that cause it to overheat? and can i check gpu temps with real temp?

abeepak1
Level 7
No it wont overheat while plugged in. If you are worried, think of it this way, the heat you are feeling, is the displaced heat from the vital circuitries, moved away by the cooling components, allowing the vital components to run cooler. Thus the heat. In a similar way, the readon you dont touch the exhaust pipe is because it is routing away hot exhaust that would hinder the engine, though the engine isnt "overheating". Put your face on the back of your refridgerator, hot? Yes, is the inside overheating? I doubt. If it truly is too hot, the system will take care of itself; it will try to throttle down its power to reduce heat, if all else fails, it will even shut down to prevent you from doing damage. So theres alot of safety nets there. Keeping the temps in check is an added plus to assure optimal performance, not to insure against failures; the machine is doing that for you.

Of course unless sonething stupid is done, ie, teaching it to swim, or go meet Mr.Goldfish.

loomitz
Level 8
today i try, intel burn test on my brand new G750, and after 2 minutes my processor reach the 96’, and when i try furmark the same history the gpu reach 90’, so i take courage because (im an IT professional), i re-paste the computer, i have to say that the G750 is a really hard computer to repaste you have to teardown almost all the computer. now my temps after 3 hours of intelburn test is 83’ and the gpu after an hour 76’ so for me was a sucess, and a greate way to say bye bye to my warrantie 🙂

abeepak1
Level 7
I dont think repasting is appropriate for his knowledgebase at hit current skill level lol. Besides, those temps he presented is perfectly normal. But yes, your temps reaching 96 is really high. I wish to repaste mine as well though I have no idea how to get in. Any diagrams or procudures perhaps?

loomitz
Level 8
i didn't take pictures, all i can say the G750 have a lots screws, for repasting you have to take out the main board.

villiansv
Level 11
2 sets of pics of disassembled G750JX. It feels as if it was specifically designed to be hard to disassemble.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/726296-asus-g750-disassembly.html