cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVerheating g53sw?

Kalz
Level 9
Well unfortunately the software i have doesnt record the temps i have to try and catch it mid spike which is harder than it sounds, i dont use ASUS suite because it usually cause more probs than it solves. anyway. playing bf3 & today bf4 all goes really good for the first 5 mins then it hits. constant FPS and AUDIO spikes. and the intervals increase between smooth and LAG. so when the Spikes hit i alt tab and either the temp program crashes or the game crashes and temps appear high but not in dangerous levels.

So my question, is it overheating?

Temps while idle for CPU 64c & GPU 59c
Temps while ALTTAB CPU 85c & GPU 70c (note these are only as the game has just crashed and could be higher while in game)

if theres anything else you may need to know please ask.

(due to my luck all things computer lately my temper may be the end of the laptop :S)
4 REPLIES 4

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

If you don't mind, check this thread Idle Temps on G53 for more discussion about temperatures, but sounds like you might be having some temperature-related issues.
If it works any better, you may want to use another game/program/benchmark to stress your system and confirm your maximum temperatures, but it sounds like your CPU temperature is on the high side.

If it hasn't been done recently, it's usually a good idea to blow out the fans and repaste the thermal grease to try to get the temperatures down again.

Check the ASUS contact page here for your local support and service center if you want to start discussing with them and setting up an RMA.

It's better to get temperature issues taken care of sooner rather than later before they start damaging components.

Anyway, hope this helps and we can get more suggestions too.

brecker
Level 8
You should try to use GPU-Z and CPU-Z while using the game and enable log. Then you can check the ingame temps after the crash. If it is overheating and it is the first time blowing out the dust will be more than enough to put you back on the good side.

I usually use 80 C as a target temp, but, as far as I know, the hardware should be able to stand up to 110 C without breaking. Not that I recommend using it at that temp, since it will lower its lifetime...

JokerGT
Level 7
Those temps seem very low. You shouldnt be running into these problems unless you havent fully optimized your laptop. The FPS/audio spikes you were referring to are probably cpu throttle related and the hd realtek drivers that interfere.(google g53sw and hd realtek)Check here to see a glimpse of what is all possible with your g53sw! http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?38273-G53SW-Trying-to-optimize&country=&status=
Im also trying to find more ways to improve it, if thats possible.

PS: I ran BF4 earlier for hours and it ran super smooth with my gpu temp @ 81c and max cpu temp of 88c
It eats BF3 alive.

Hope this helps.

JokerGT wrote:
Those temps seem very low. You shouldnt be running into these problems unless you havent fully optimized your laptop. The FPS/audio spikes you were referring to are probably cpu throttle related and the hd realtek drivers that interfere.(google g53sw and hd realtek)Check here to see a glimpse of what is all possible with your g53sw! http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?38273-G53SW-Trying-to-optimize&country=&status=
Im also trying to find more ways to improve it, if thats possible.

PS: I ran BF4 earlier for hours and it ran super smooth with my gpu temp @ 81c and max cpu temp of 88c
It eats BF3 alive.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys,
I saw your posts here.
My G53JW is idling at 70 degree for CPU. GPU is fine. Ambient room temp is 26 celcius.
Under load, it's fine but idle temps are high during browsing and light stuff.
Do i need to worry?
Thanks a lot!
ASUS G53JW-XA1