cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield 4 - Deluxe Digital Edition / Battlefield 4 Exclusive Beta

patros
Level 7
Hey Asus,

I have the G750JX and it is a Republic of Gamers laptop. That's right, GAMERS.

One of the largest and most popular franchises in the gaming industry is the Battlefield series.

It would then make sense that the Asus G750JX would play the game once it's released.

The beta has been released. It's available to thousands of other Battlefield enthusiasts out there on different systems.

It cannot be played on the Asus G750JX with the VGA drivers released by Asus.

It can be played with the Nvidia Reference Drivers available directly from Nvidia, but they aren't stable and have other issues.

Asus has repeatedly instructed those who have purchased their laptop not to use the Nvidia Reference Drivers but to wait for their release.

This means the chunk of change I spent to get the game pre-ordered and the exclusive beta access is money down the drain unless I ignore the advice of Asus and install the Nvidia Reference Drivers myself.

This would mean I suffer stability issues and other bugs but I get to play the game I purchased.

You call that smart Asus?

Seriously, get your **** together.

If you're not able to do it, then say so. Buy our ultimate gaming laptop if you want to play games released last year. If however you want to play current and more popular games, you might want to look elsewhere.

I waited long enough for Asus to get their incompetent software department to do their jobs. Now I will have to suffer with the reference drivers if I want to get in on Battlefield 4 from the ground floor.

Thanks guys.

Oh yeah, I used the angry face icon as out in East Asia, icons make more sense to the audience than English.

Here: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Jesse Pinkman: "What's the point of being an outlaw when you got responsibilities?"

Badger: "Darth Vader had responsibilities. He was responsible for the Death Star."

Skinny Pete: "True that. Two of them bitches."

😄
6 REPLIES 6

villiansv
Level 11
You shouldn't expect any company to support beta drivers for a beta release of a game, regardless of how popular it is. As soon as Asus decide to support the beta drivers, they have to support (including related RMAs) any issues that are caused by them. This just won't happen, regardless of how much people complain on the forums. Go to Sager/MSI/Alienware etc websites, check if they provide these drivers. I strongly suspect they don't, and if they do it's basically a link to nvidia's website with a "not officially supported" disclaimer.

I'm also curious as to what problems exactly the reference nvidia drivers give you? I've used them from day one, and I haven't experienced any issues.

Rather than come here with the attitude of "asus sucks because they don't support beta drivers", you should come in with the "hey guys, i know the asus official drivers are a bit old and I need the newest beta to run my favorite game, but I have this and that issue with it, what could I do to fix it". That's the attitude that gets you assistance (in my humble opinion).

DeltaActual
Level 12
and there is no issues with official Nvidia drivers. use it and calm down.
G614JV

Cykon
Level 7
There's already a thread about the GeForce 331.40 Driver which is an essential update for Battlefield 4, and I have yet to see anyone report any stability issues running the aforementioned driver. Have you even tried installing the BETA driver before spouting on the forums about experiencing stability and/or other issues? If so, what issues are you experiencing exactly?

I have also yet to read ASUS Administrators/Moderators instructing consumers what to do, I've only seen them suggest or recommend what is the most common solution for everyone.

Maybe you're the one that should get their act together - although ASUS doesn't support BETA drivers, that doesn't prevent you from making a logical decision based on the information provided.

patros
Level 7
Fair enough, I was a bit annoyed when I posted that, however my annoyance isn't entirely unwarranted. I have been using the nVidia reference drivers, specifically 327.23 and played Battlefield 4 with them. They did work, however while using them my drivers crashed and had to be restarted before gaining full functionality back. On another note, I have noticed with the reference drivers, if I put my system in sleep mode and open it up, the colours on the screen look rather washed out and weak. The whole screen seems a little dull. If I reboot the system, it seems to work again like normal. I personally like following instructions and yes, Asus has come forth in the forums recommending we use only the Asus drivers as those are what are supported by Asus. I am a stickler to things like that. I got the reference drivers only after loading Battlefield 4 and it shut down requesting that I update my drivers to at least version 320 and above.

My apologies if I seemed rather pissed, but it has been several months now since Asus has updated their 'customised' drivers for their 'customised graphics card' installed in their flagship gaming laptops. I also figure given the sum of money paid for such devices, they'd have at least a few people ensuring those using such devices are satisfied with up to date and current drivers. Especially if other companies such as the ones you mentioned are not doing it. That way, their devices will perform as best they can given whatever is thrown at them and customers will be happy to write rave reviews about their laptops. It's an opportunity, not a threat and having a strength in the support department to cater to the products they create would only hold them in better stead.

Sorry if I stepped on any toes.
Jesse Pinkman: "What's the point of being an outlaw when you got responsibilities?"

Badger: "Darth Vader had responsibilities. He was responsible for the Death Star."

Skinny Pete: "True that. Two of them bitches."

😄

patros wrote:
On another note, I have noticed with the reference drivers, if I put my system in sleep mode and open it up, the colours on the screen look rather washed out and weak. The whole screen seems a little dull.

It sounds as if something is changing the gamma for your monitor after standby. Go to the nvidia control panel - adjust desktop color settings, then play with the settings there. Mine are set to let other apps control settings (i.e. not the nvidia drivers); if my settings don't work for you try forcing the nvidia drivers to control gamma/contrast/brightness there.

I can't speak about the crash, as I don't get any. A standard procedure is to uninstall the driver, then restart in safe mode, run driver sweeper or similar app to wipe any traces of the previous drivers, then reinstall from scratch.

Hope this helps you out.

svansiclen
Level 7
My machine won't boot with 331.40 if I have a display attached to the thunderbolt port. So there...