cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX - Intel Management Engine Interface, ATK utility

andiherbst
Level 7
Hi!

Does anybody know if Intel provides an updated version of the "Intel Managemet Engine Interface" driver for the G75VX and where I can find it? I know that there is a generic Windows update driver available, so there should also be an official version from Intel sowmewhere. Is it even necessary to install it if I do not want to control my notebook remotely? The G75VX has a Intel Series 7 chipset.

The reason I'm asking is that I want to avoid any software originating from ASUS. Using only the manufacturers drivers (Intel, nvidia...) resolved many of the numerous problems I had with the G75VX.

One more question: What does this ATK Utility exactly do? I do not use the special function keys nor the backlight function, so I didnt install it. Is it necessary for anything else? I do not use Power4Gear - I let Windows do the powermanagement. I couldnt find more info about it.

Thx a lot!
2 REPLIES 2

Pitcher1
Level 9
ATK driver is for asus laptop kb function key driver, if you are not install i think function key can not use and also can not install outsource to active it, power4gear is asus make the new powermanagement tech, if you are not install, i think it is ok, just use windows bundle.

Thx a lot for clarification! 🙂