cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 760 DC2OC waterblock?

Gizzernl
Level 7
Dear All,

I was wondering if anyone here knows, what kind of waterblock would fit the Asus GTX 760DC2OC. I am reading that the blocks for the reference pcb gtx 670 waterblocks should fit, however the row of capacitators on the side of the GPU is not a strait line on the GTX760DC2OC as it is on the GTX670. I am now wondering if the the gtx670 reference pcb waterblocks will fit on the gtx 760DC2OC.

I also saw that EK is launching special blocks for the DC2 lines of the 770 and the 780. So that leads me to think that the GTX670 reference designs blocks would fit. But I am not sure and it is quite a costly gamble to take, just ordering a block, not knowing if it will fit.

Does anyone maybe have experience?
7 REPLIES 7

kkn
Level 14
Mail EK and ask, they will help you.
just give them the link to your card and they will tell yiu what block to use.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Eddie at EK is very helpful a email or message from their shop web page will get answered.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Gizzernl
Level 7
Thnx for the tips guys. I will turn to EK.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmmm their cooling configurator doesn't have anything listed for the card except universal blocks....

I found on EK's website that the 670 water blocks will work with the 760 video cards but it seems ASUS has redesigned the layout on the 760. I purchased an Alphacool water block at the same time I bought the video card and it will not fit. Luckily I didn't open the sealed plastic around the water block so hopefully I can return it. I found a Watercool water block for a gtx 760 but I'm doubtful it will fit. If someone finds one that will fit this card, please let me know.
Maximus VI Impact, 4770k @4.6GHz, 8Gb Corsair Dom GT 1866, ASUS GTX 760 DCII, Samsung 840 Evo Pro 256Gb SSD, Water Cooled with Bitspower & Alphacool

kkn
Level 14
since the DCII cards are custom ordered they does NOT have normal layout like the stock cards does.
if you want a WB you have to get one thats made for THAT spesific model and card.

Smaug
Level 7
Very disappointed there is still no water block that is made for this gtx 760 card. Please, ASUS, I'm begging, work with EK or Alphacool to create one.
Maximus VI Impact, 4770k @4.6GHz, 8Gb Corsair Dom GT 1866, ASUS GTX 760 DCII, Samsung 840 Evo Pro 256Gb SSD, Water Cooled with Bitspower & Alphacool