cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus live update question

psychosocial81
Level 7
Hello everyone,

The Asus update program has updated with no fault ever since I got my laptop, up to lately.

Got two recommended update which are :

Asus video dsp
BiosT72

For some reason it updates, installs and ask for computer restart, and that cycle keep continuing a few times until the update fails... any idea why?
6 REPLIES 6

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
It's hard to say specifically but generally it's better practice to update things manually. If the program has treated you well thus far, that's great! Sometimes software just runs into nuances, especially with updates.

You may also want to try shutting down the system, pulling out the battery and the adapter/charger, press and hold the power button with them removed for 4 - 5 seconds, then reconnect your battery and charger, and start up the system. Since you have a BIOS update, it could be that the EC chip needs refreshed.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Pitcher1
Level 9
if can, i suggest you visit our support to update BIOS, drivers and utilities.

Thanks Ill try that out!

psychosocial81 wrote:
Thanks Ill try that out!

The G750JW area has the newest drivers for Windows 8.1:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?41740-Asus-is-Posting-New-G750-Windows-8.1-64-bit-drivers!&...

reka121402
Level 7
Never update the bios unless it is required for a specific reason. Although it is a simple process, if there are any issues during install the laptop will be a very expensive paperweight until it is taken to a repair shop. There is just too much at stake to upgrade "because it's the new version."

Example: I rushed to upgrade my bios to v208 because the 800MHz limit on battery was just dumb. I've got the same AsusLive bios update showing, but everything works exactly like I want it to and I see no reason to risk the 2% chance of an install error.

reka121402 wrote:
Never update the bios unless it is required for a specific reason. Although it is a simple process, if there are any issues during install the laptop will be a very expensive paperweight until it is taken to a repair shop. There is just too much at stake to upgrade "because it's the new version."

Example: I rushed to upgrade my bios to v208 because the 800MHz limit on battery was just dumb. I've got the same AsusLive bios update showing, but everything works exactly like I want it to and I see no reason to risk the 2% chance of an install error.

So far no one has reported bricking their G750 by doing the BIOS update from Winflash or from the BIOS.

Asus screwed up with the recent posting of the old BIOS from Liveupdate - those kinds of things happen when someone restores from backup and doesn't check the results... I am sure they didn't intend to mess up anyone's Xmas - and their tools prevented that old Bios from being installed - and close inspection shows it was a bogus update.

If you still don't want to update to the 'battery cpu speed fix" BIOS for your model, check out ThrottleStop 6.x
http://www.thedigitalhq.com/2013/10/03/throttlestop-6-00-now-available-download/