Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

occasional post, bios crash

Retired
Not applicable
crosshair v formula
phenom II 1090t
corsair vengence 1600 (CMZ4GX3M2A1600C8)

seem to be having the same issue as a lot of people ive tried each dimm in every slot with memOK and its posted a couple of times with each dimm when inserted into far red slot but it takes forever for memOK to actually do anything and even when it post it crashes when i press DEL to enter bios or freezes on main bios screen then i need to restart and it wont post again which means i have to restart the cycle.

dont want to have to RMA this board its amazing would this ram
http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Memory/DDR3/Dual+Channel+1600MHz/4GB+G.Skill+RipJawsX+%282...

(F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH)

work any better? contemplating returning the mobo and getting the sabertooth instead.

if you can help me get this ram to work it would be fully appreciated if not and you think the gSkill will be better i will RMA my ram the timings etc dont bother me between the two i just want my pc to work its been sat there refusing to work for 2 days now 😕

any help appreciated. suggy
11 REPLIES 11

EVIL_CONSERVATI
Level 7
Look for some of my former posts. The Vengeance likes allot of voltage to NB It takes some time and allot of trial and error tweaking but you will find it is worth it in the end.
As for the long post delays, every time you change mem slots or size or adjust bios you will get the slow post the first couple times.
1100 BE Liquid Cooled, CHV, 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 2032, two ASUS ATI 3870's liquid cooled O.C.ed to 890Mhz, 3 Velociraptor 500G in raid 0, ocz SSD boot drive, 1200W Thermaltake P.S.

Praz
Level 13
Set your 4 primary memory timings and memory voltage then follow the guide linked below. As Evil has noted for whatever reason Vengeance modules seem to place an abnormally large load on the IMC. You may need to boost VCORE, CPU/NB and/or NB voltages.

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?3468-Crosshair-V-Formula-Easy-Memory-Setup-Guide

Retired
Not applicable
ok i would change my settings as im sat next my pc now and every time i get into bios it freezes before i can apply all the changes i need to 😕 i wish this mobo wasnt such a hassle its sooo good looking. is there any way to make it more stable ive completely reset the bios all lights on the mobo are green i have the cpu fan running of off another connector on the mobo as the cpu one doesnt spin up enough to keep the chip cool what am i missing here will asus support be able to help me more if i call them?

suggy1005 wrote:
ok i would change my settings as im sat next my pc now and every time i get into bios it freezes before i can apply all the changes i need to 😕 i wish this mobo wasnt such a hassle its sooo good looking. is there any way to make it more stable ive completely reset the bios all lights on the mobo are green i have the cpu fan running of off another connector on the mobo as the cpu one doesnt spin up enough to keep the chip cool what am i missing here will asus support be able to help me more if i call them?

Yes I noticed that too. What I found is when it does that power down and kill the psu until all lights on the MB go out (dont reset bios) power the PSU back up wait for lights then turn system on. I learned this trick from my former M3A32Deluxe board it was notorious for this.
1100 BE Liquid Cooled, CHV, 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 2032, two ASUS ATI 3870's liquid cooled O.C.ed to 890Mhz, 3 Velociraptor 500G in raid 0, ocz SSD boot drive, 1200W Thermaltake P.S.

Praz
Level 13
Use only one stick of memory in the red slot furthest from the CPU. Once you get that stable you can add the second stick.

Retired
Not applicable
i cant even get one stick stable 😕 maybe its just really incompatible should i rma the ram or the board??

Mummy
Level 8
have you tryed settings like.
1. Ai overclock tuner - manual
2. Memory Frequency - DDR800
3. press F10 and yes

Pressing DEL to enter a bios meens that board thinks you boot was normal. if you need to press F1 it means that overclock fail or it records you pressing memok to boot it.
anyways only 1 press of that button is needed. pressing more then one time makes BIOS more unstable( at least for me).

These works best on me and im useing 0506 BIOS with G.Skill snipers
CPU: AMD FX-8150 MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula DDR3: 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1866
GPU: ASUS 7970 SSD: 4x Corsair F3 120GB @ Raid0 PSU: SF Golden Silent 500W OS: W7 Ultimate 64bit

NemesisChild
Level 12
Clear the CMOS again and...
With one stick installed, manually enter your CL8 timings & 1600 frequency.
Then try 1.5250v DRAM voltage & 1.25-1.275v CPU/NB voltage.

Don't let these settings run on auto, my 1.50v 1866 G.Skill set needs 1.5250v to run stable.

And btw, what PSU are you using?
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Mummy
Level 8
Sry OT: NemesisChild, are writeing to me or Suggy1005?
Those settings that i posted wasnt going to be final. Those are stetings that you may have time to change before BIOS Crash.
After those saved and rebooted, you may have stable BIOS to get final settings.

If it was for me;
I tryed 1.3v on cpu/nb but yeah havent added 0..250v to volts (mainly trying to run 1600 stable more then 3 days), but i do it next. THANKs for the tip 🙂
My PSU is Corsair AX1200 from my old Maximus GENE build.

Cpu temps are 43c* max on 100% prime, last time i had 1600 prime 12hour up but on next boot wasnt so lucky so stable in W7 isnt everything.
CPU: AMD FX-8150 MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula DDR3: 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1866
GPU: ASUS 7970 SSD: 4x Corsair F3 120GB @ Raid0 PSU: SF Golden Silent 500W OS: W7 Ultimate 64bit