Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posideon Platinum GTX780 and Mars 760 Discussion

Antronman
Level 10
The Posideon Platinum GTX 780
The Mars 760

So what do you guys think of these bad boys?
Do you think you'll be using the Posideon instead of a GTX 780 with a waterblock?
And how about the Mars 760?
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me
4 REPLIES 4

Braindamage
Level 9
i think they havent been released to the retailers yet
maximus V formula, 3770k @ 4.8, evga 780 classified hydro cooper,corsair 750D, corsair ax860, corsair dominator platinum 16gb @ 1866,128gb 840pro samsung , 240gb samsung evo, asus xonar essence sound card stx

Watercooling: Ek nickel clear cpu waterblock, Ek D5 pump, EK 140 reservoir, ekwb fittings, 1 360mm black ice SR1 radiator, 1 280mm black ice SR1, 3 Noctua NF-F12, 2 Noctua NF A14, 3 Corsair AF140 quiet

MartinDraganov
Level 7
Both sound amazing on paper. The 780 is a 780, not a Ti... so that's slightly disappointing. That being said, its clocked with base over 1GHz which is pretty good, but I do wonder if the "hybrid" cooler will allow it to be cooled via air sufficiently. I presume that one can run both the liquid and the air cooling on the card for even better heat dissipation so if I had the money and the card wasn't ridiculously overpriced, I may consider it. As far as the MARS760 goes... I am interested in it because my current mobo has only one PCIe 3.0 slot. However, seeing the price of $650 on newegg was like a thorn in my eye (especially when single 2GB cards go for less than $250). For that much money, the card should have been 2x4GB and not 2x2GB. Regardless of my opinions, if anyone wants to preorder the MARS760 here's the link - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121839
~ ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe/GEN3 ~ Intel 2600K @ 4.6GHz ~ Corsair H80 ~ 8GB Corsair Vengeance ~
~ EVGA GTX980Ti Hybrid ~ Samsung 850Pro 512GB ~ WD Black 2TB ~
~Corsair HX1050 PSU ~ Corsair Graphite Series 600T White ~

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Honestly, I think they're both a bit rubbish really. As has been pointed out the Mars is only 2GB VRAM and costs more than two 4GB cards in SLI and will have worse performance...OK for the restricted PCIe lanes case but for anyone else...does not make sense...

The poseidon...good waterblock on a 780 is going to be better.....dedicated air cooling on a 780 is going to be better. Air and water cooling run together on this card is going to be better than just air but so what....
Would be interested in materials in water block...for corrosion....any one know any aluminium?

Both gimmick cards for me....pretty disappointed frankly...ROG school report card reads "needs to apply themselves more...could do better"

Antronman
Level 10
Arne, on matters of the air cooling it says on its webpage that it air cools better by 20% than the standard version. Although I agree with you on the liquid cooling.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me